Friday, July 21, 2017

Friday Foto Friends: Teambuilding



A spectator no longer ... I'm tickled to take a page from Terri and link up with Friday Foto Friends!




'Pretty sure there were no International Olympic games taking place the Summer of 2006. 

Nevertheless, I remember championing the concept to my boss: 
An exercise in team-building ... and (hopefully) a better appreciation for one another's skill sets.

... and so it became


Before having to participate in seminars on multi-generational compliance ... well, dang it.  Those were the good times.  We didn't need no stinkin' seminars.  LOL!


Staging area for our Parade of Nations (er, departments):
  My boss (struggling with her flag) and me (in red) took our places behind the torch bearer and began the processional, accompanied by that iconic, always stirring Olympic theme.

Steve's was an actual Olympic torch ... one used at the Atlanta Games two years earlier. 





My favorite departmental flag :)


I can't recall what all 'games' each team had to participate in.   Hands down, the funniest was watching our NON-housekeeping associates trying to make a guest's bed using only flat sheets ... in the fastest time ... according to standards.

Landscaping's golf team ...
being 'shot' by my boss' Super-Soaker water gun!


Awards ceremonies


Loved how (most) everyone removed their hats and stood for the National Anthem.
Poor quality :(


Today only a few of us remain.  One friend was sure saddened when I showed these to him yesterday. 
Me too, John.  But like a favorite song goes, "It's the laughter we will remember, when we remember the way we were."

Come to think of it, that's not a bad mantra to hang our mental health caps on each eve.....  



Have a great weekend, everyone ... chat soon!

Hugs from Phoenix,
Myra






30 comments:

  1. I LOVE having new readers. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your fotos today...such sweet memories. HOPE you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! I hope to be back again!

      Delete
  2. That looked like a really fun time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I'd quite forgotten how ...

      Delete
  3. That sounds like so much fun. Such great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you can't believe it was all those years ago! But what a fun event! How grand you must have looked decked in the red pants! Glad too that it looked like it was participated by a lot and probably enjoyed by all!! Fantastic memories to share with us on this hot sticky Phoenix night (at least here).

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, those were the days! Like so many other things, 'just wish I'd taken more pictures.

      Delete
  5. Great post and it looks like everyone had a lot of fun. Thank you for being here today and being a part of Friday Foto Friends! Happ Saturday to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet welcome! ... Thanks, Glenda!

      Delete
  6. I remember those kinds of events when I worked for MaBell.
    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes you wonder whatever happened, doesn't it?

      Delete
  7. What a great idea for a post. The laughter we remember in the days that were... Your pictures told the story well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice thing to say! Thank you, Ma!

      Delete
  8. I am with you, I loved the 'before' all this type of seminar times.. it looks like everyone enjoyed it though. it is good to have fond memories. I am going through old CD's of photos from 2002 through 06 and found one marked Gevity which was my work place. hundres of photos and I posted one on FB. it was an instant hit from all the friends I worked with... I had a great time looking through the photos and remembering the good times not the bad times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm not a Lone Ranger! (*smile*) Crazy how our posts today mimicked one another!

      Delete
  9. It looked like good times at work. Oh, if we could only hold on indefinitely to our yesterdays, but at least we cherish the memories! Your joy sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only, indeed! Your words remind me of that song, "Time in a Bottle"!

      Delete
  10. The best times with co-workers happen when the camaraderie comes naturally, rather than when it is forced. Many years ago, we used to socialize with a number of my hubbies co-workers simply because we liked them, and the company hosted terrific parties, various sport teams and the such. Then, things became uber-PC, and there were bogus team-building activities and psychobabble talk. (My hubby's supervisor at that time used words like "interface" instead of talk, and all kinds of BS like that.) But, hey! Retirement is great!

    But bottom line, you're right. Laughter is always the best thing to remember.

    Have a super weekend. (Stay cool!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy, you've hit the nail on my head!
      'Makes me wonder if your hubby didn't work for the same Big Corporation. Can't wait to reach that shiny light at the end of the tunnel! (Retirement, that is!)

      Delete
  11. Great photos from an obviously wonderful time. Is it just my pessimistic imagination, or are people getting to be "less fun" nowadays? The joy of life seems to be eroding by all the spoilsports.

    Have you ever tried to fold a fitted sheet? Now that's one hell of an Olympic event. I've never figured out how to do it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I don't think it's just your pessimistic imagination. (Ironic, given the fact I know I'm far too serious.)

      I've not tried folding a fitted sheet in years! I've only a single set of bedsheets and just put them on right out of the dryer.

      Delete
  12. I loved seeing the photos! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. how delightful your olympics were. good for mental health, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like a great way to get everyone's attention for the sports! Fond memories are what count.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun times! You seem to have some great stories always to share. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!