Saturday, January 14, 2017

Sunday Stealing


So, I've been watching from the sidelines a while now ... and methinks it's high time to jump in this fun weekly meme!
I hope you'll play along ..... if only in your mind.



"The Very Forceful Questions"


1.  Do you have/have you had any pets?

I can't image not having a fur-child nearby!
That said - and in hindsight - I wouldn't recommend adopting litter-mates. 
Our first year with Macie and Grace was trying indeed!
 



2.  Do you play video games?  If so, do you have a favorite video game series?
Nope!


3.  Any unpopular opinions on anything?

Not unlike earning a driver's license ... I think everyone should have to prove their familiarity with the law and the issues before being given a voter registration card.



4.  Do you have a favorite gem?  If yes, has anyone ever bought you jewelry with that gem?

I'm not 'into' gemstones or jewelry, sorry. 
Aside from my wedding ring (containing my grandmother's and my mother's diamonds), I favor subtle plain (yellow) gold.



5.  Favorite story genres?

Mystery/thriller (Baldacci/Deaver/Childs).




6.  What was once a secret that you can now share?

Um, no.  Opting out!  




7.  Do you like reading?

Yes ... providing I can identify on some level with the subject/protagonist.


8.  What time is it for you now, what are you usually doing at this time of day?

7:30(ish)  =  'Khanapra' time!    




9.  What character on TV or in film is most similar to you?  You can go with looks or personality.  (Or, you can make a quip and go to the next question.)

Color me stumped! 
That is, until I consulted Myers-Briggs

ISFJ (Introversion, Sensing, Feeling, Judging).
Yup, absolutely.
(You???)

According to the folks at Google, Bruce Willis and I are soul-mates.  (LOL.)



10.  What's something weird you wanna do?  It cannot be weirder than Mr. Watermenlonhead.

I don't know how weird this is ... but for years I've wanted to take a ride in an 18-wheeler  
.... and tail-gate those jerks in their jacked-up pickups who like to tailgate little old Camry drivers. 
(... I digress.)




11.  Have you ever accomplished a New Years Resolution?

Seriously?  I don't recall the last time I actually made a New Years Resolution!





12.  Is there any music artist you look up to?

Looked up to?  No. 
Someone I enjoy and respect is Trace Adkins.
 


13.  Are you allergic to anything?  If yes, what?

Penicillin and shellfish ... both showed up, uninvited, after age 50. 



14.  When was the last time you took a swim?  Who else was with you?

2010?  ... With my granddaughters in our 'play' pool.
Unless it's the ocean I'm not a fan.



15.  Would you rather have the ability to sleep for as long as you want, or have the ability to never have to sleep?

Sleep, perchance to dream.
(My favorite avoidance technique ...)

* * *


Have yourselves beautiful SON-day, m'friends!

Hugs from Phoenix,
Myra


 

35 comments:

  1. My my, the messes Gracie and Macie did as young pups!! How interesting to develop the allergies you did in your 50's! Hubby has a shellfish allergy too (which really came evident with the contrast used on an MRI years ago; he can handle a little, but not much).

    I will indeed enjoy my Son-Day!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, it's a wonder the 'girls' survived their infancy. The only animals I've ever owned that not only CHEWED everything ... but actually liked that yucky spray that's supposed to repel. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Hi there! This was very interesting! I will come back tomorrow with a fresh mind and go over these questions again! Such fun learning little facts about our friends! Have a wonderful evening. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! I always look forward to your visits!

      Delete
  3. i don't feel so bad now about the things my dogs occasionally tear up!

    " I think everyone should have to prove their familiarity with the law and the issues before being given a voter registration card." ...or to RUN FOR OFFICE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thankfully, the pups have outgrown their piranha-like behaviors ..... but not before turning my hair snow-white.

      Delete
  4. thanks for the morning LOL... litter mates.. oh my.. two can do better than one..
    I love the same authors you do. I have never made a NY resolution. I love Bruce Willis movies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, m'friend ... we aims to please. :)
      It's always nice to discover one anothers' commonalities, isn't it!

      Delete
  5. Welcome to Sunday Stealing! It is always nice to meet someone new.
    Oh, Macie and Grace are adorable, though probably not so much when they ate the sofa. They look like they have some Poodle in them?
    I agree totally on #3.
    Love all the writers you mentioned and have many of their books on my shelves.
    I would seriously not be a happy camper if I developed an allergy to shrimp at this point.
    I am jealous of where you live. I've been to NM twice to do mission work on the Navajo reservation. We were based outside of Gallup in Gamerco. I loved every minute of it. It is so beautiful out there and the Navajo were wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacy! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

      You've a good eye. The girls are half poodle and half maltese.

      Delete
  6. I don't have any pets now, but used to have lots of them..Had 4 cats and 2 dogs and a parrot all at one time. I don't do video games, they take up time and I have so many other things I love to do that I don't have time for them. I do love to ready though and still manage to do plenty of that! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, yours was quite a menagerie! ... Wonder if they didn't help teach your sons and daughter responsibility at a young age? I feel a bit sorry for any child who grows up without a pet.

      Delete
  7. My shellfish allergy developed about the time I turned 50, too. Took me several rounds of shrimp to figure out what the problem was. Welcome to Sunday Stealing. I hope you enjoy playing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have guessed how common shellfish allergies are!
      Thank you for the warm welcome; I think I'm going to LIKE it here. :)

      Delete
  8. Are your dogs Bichons? They are quite adorable even if naughty.

    Welcome to Sunday Stealing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kwiz. Glad to be here!
      I actually wanted a Bichon or Maltese, but purebred prices were too prohibitive. M & G are 'maltipoos.'

      Delete
  9. Those dear littermates, with their destructive behaviors, remind me of my own twin humans.
    Welcome to The Thieves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twin humans? How I look forward to 'meeting' your blog!
      I think I read every Bobbsey Twin story ever published. "Lucky ducks" as I used to call them.

      Delete
  10. I love it when you do this! I cannot answer in any sensible way unless i read anther's answers. I really enjoy reading your answers and I mostly could just say AMEN, except for the allergies. Even Bruce Fits. Your writers are also my favorites. I haven't read every thing Childs has written though. LOVE your #1 of course. hahahahahah
    What a great Sunday visit! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, dear Jack. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.
      'Hope you n' Sherry are enJOYing a beautiful afternoon in your new cozy home!

      Delete
  11. Your pups are very cute! Even if they were a little naughty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shannon.
      I've grown to love them more than I imagined!

      Delete
  12. Pups can be a handful it's true. But just look at those cute little faces. So full of love. LOVED all your answers. This was fun. I'm allergic to penicillin too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Taryterre!
      After losing my Caraleigh, I didn't even WANT these pups ..... but friends convinced me, believing they might help offset Tom's depression following his cancer diagnosis. It worked ..... and I've grown to love them, too.

      Delete
  13. Allergies can be deadly! And you have to read labels like crazy. I can't imagine not sleeping. I love to sleep - and dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Mary! In fact, I sort of miss the wild/technicolor dreams I used to experience while on Chantix (to quit smoking). Almost makes me want to take up the habit again. LOL!

      Delete
  14. Hooray for joining in on Sunday Stealing! I enjoyed reading your answers! Bruce Willis...I need to give that site a try!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri! I hope you'll let me know how you 'scored!'
      After mine came back ISFJ I went to Google and just asked it for a list of famous people who are also ISFJ. Some surprises, yes. I just picked Bruce because I like him.

      Delete
  15. I hope you and yours had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and are having a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. May we display your linked header on our new site directory, SiteHoundSniffs.com? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the linked header will attract more attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Jerry. Thank you for asking!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so very much for giving permission. You can see your linked header under All, Daily Life and the United States. If you could say something (preferably good) about SiteHoundSniffs.com here and there, we would greatly appreciate it.

      Delete
  16. I used to always do Sunday Stealing. I don't know when or why I quit! Oh come on!! I want to know that secret!! LOL. Bruce Willis?? Seriously! I love the guy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, m'friend. I don't want to prompt an exodus of every follower I've been able to coax/covet/bribe to this site. (Well, perhaps someday over a bottle of wine ...)

      Delete
  17. What fun answers! We're in total agreement on most of these. The biggest disagreement is the one on sleep. Just think how much more we could accomplish if we didn't have to lay in bed drooling all over our pillows!

    Your pups look like innocent little angels. I'm sure THEY couldn't have done all that damage. Some other dog must have snuck into your house.

    In the '70s, our adult Sunday school class read the book and took the Myers/Briggs test, but the only thing I remember about it was my husband and I were polar opposites on every single part of it but one. We were both deemed extroverts. It'd be interesting to see if our positions on the scale have changed any over the years.

    An allergy to shellfish? Oh no, no, no. I'm sure glad that isn't a problem for me. I think there's salt water and Old Bay running through my veins...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another dog? Yes, that must be it!!!

      I'd love to read the Myers/Briggs book and take a more in-depth test. I wish I were more extroverted, like you.

      Delete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!