Volume 286, that is. I dunno how Joyce does it, but I'm glad she does! If'n you've an itch to play along, just click here!
Let's all think happy thoughts ... share one of yours here:
"After all, tomorrow is another day."
(- Scarlett O'Hara)
(- Scarlett O'Hara)
There's a Chinese proverb that says, "If you want happiness for an hour take a nap. If you want happiness for a day go fishing ..." What say you? If you want happiness for a day _________."
I'd give myself permission to ignore my trivial obligations and 'veg' with a good book (David Baldacci, anyone?), a cup of dark roast coffee and a soft afghan.
Where do you go to decompress from the world around you?
Coming home and shuttering the windows and doors. Our living quarters are at the back of the house, so there's little in the way of street noise.
What song never fails to make you happy?
A couple genres come to mind: The Seekers' Georgy Girl and Rogers and Hammerstein's musical scores. I've never been to a clambake, but they make me wish I had!
Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Why not?
Apparently it is, so tell us what's the last 'fast food' you consumed?
Wow, it's been years. I try not to consume bread.
If you were putting together your own version of a 'happy meal' what would you include?
The first thing that comes to mind? A runny fried egg atop a slice of sausage pizza and a glass of Cabernet.
In a few sentences, tell us why you blog.
Because it's cheaper than psychotherapy? (LOL)
The short version? When I chose to relocate across the country, I never paused to consider how much I'd miss my family and friends. Rather than 'fess my
shortcomings misgivings to DH, I sought refuge at the keyboard ... and discovered one -- then several! -- folks connected and some wonderful friendships resulted. It's addictive, don't you think?
List seven things you're feeling especially grateful for today.
- Only yesterday, Tom's pulmonologist reported that his lung function has significantly improved!
- Little by little, our temps are dropping. (The 80's may not feel like Autumn, but it sure beats 100-plus!)
- My best, most meaningful, memories are still intact. Dementia is a great enemy.
- Our benefits' Open Enrollment for 2017 will actually result in a few dollars saved each month!
- There's still a half-full jar of Jif Extra-Crunchy Peanut Butter in the freezer. :)
- Thankful for an honest auto mechanic .... who might very well have taken us to the cleaners and we'd never have known the difference.
- MOSTLY? I'm thankful to Mr. God for second, third (and probably a kajillion) 'second chances'!