Saturday, August 6, 2016

Randomness



G'morning friends!
I'm feeling sort of discombubulated, which may explain this choppy post.
Nevertheless, this is my life.  Welcome!


First, some good great news ...
After 9 months on the market, son and DIL's home finally sold!
Lots of mixed emotions here.  So much love and laughter.  Sadness too.   Were we able, I'd have grabbed it up in a heartbeat.


Privately, DH and I worried they'd over-priced it for the neighborhood.  But no mortgage remained and the 'kids' wanted to offer what they, themselves, would look for in an existing home:  Whole new 30-year roof, HVAC system, bathrooms remodel, interior paint, carpet, stainless appliances ... even light fixtures and lock sets.

The eve before closing, everyone (including 'adopted' DD Caitlin) gathered old quilts, Subway take-out and enjoyed a picnic on the floor of their old great-room. 
Goodbye Saddlewood


Ah, Life goes on.
... and what better reminder than getting Sarah and Daniel's engagement pictures the same week Troy and Lois celebrated their 24th wedding anniversary.


 Time's a thief, y'all.

* * *
Me?
I'm feeling pretty blessed this morning.  Foolishly, I wasted all last weekend, Googling every 'what-if' and worrying myself crazy -- about what turned out to be a false positive lab test.  
(I know! ... I know!)
Still, this was the first time my nurse practitioner seemed a little 'off' and wouldn't meet my eye.  
I'm pretty sure (now) it had nothing to do with me personally -- but I've always taken a certain amount of pride in my intuition and reading others' body language.

The only thing?  
My thyroid function came back unusually low.  No surprise, since a portion of it was removed, together with a tumor, when son was but a toddler.
So Tuesday I get a call, they're increasing my meds to 113.  OK.
Then!  Not 24 hours later I get a call saying she's increased it to 164.  Whaaaa?
The medical assistant and I chuckled and concluded that's indeed a bit wonky.  I've elected to stay with the 113 until my next set of labs in 3-1/2 weeks.

You know, I don't think they could pay me enough to practice medicine in this day and age.

* * *

YAY!  Less than 60 days remain (I think) in monsoon season!  I'm impatient with the unaccustomed humidity ... DH with having to baby the stupid pool.
   This, even after the pump filter ran all night.

Lucky, we've not experienced any trees come crashing down in our neighborhood, but my workplace recently counted more than 50 mature trees downed - one of which had to be removed so guests could exit their room!
(BTW, "Sloopy" is still hanging in there!)

* * *
... and speaking of hanging in there:
Do you recall this electric moment 24 years ago?  


Never, ever give up.


* * *
Have a beautiful new week, everyone!


Hugs from Phoenix,
Myra



                      



22 comments:

  1. every time you post i can relate to most of what you say. congrats to the about to be married and the been married for years... the things the same is we are ready for it to be . Nov and less humidty, and the pool is driving bob crazy and costing a fortune in chemicals and stays full of trash.
    glad you are safe from the floods we see on TV and I can't tell you how many times i have fretted and lost sleep over looking on the internet and getting way to much info and second guessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I always appreciate realizing my feelings aren't that of a 'lone ranger'!

      I didn't realize our crazy weather was particularly newsworthy until Tom had a call from his sis in Florida: "Are you alright?!" (chuckle)

      Delete
  2. forgot one more thing, i am on 100 of synthryoid to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone told me their doctor said it's becoming so commonplace, they should put it in our drinking water. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Excellent post! All of your makes me think and some of them just make me cry. I had forgotten this Olympic moment!! Failure is just a stepping stone. I will show this to Darian who is struggling to make time for his 1.5 mile for the Marine Corp. Harley takes synthyroid too! So did Richard!! That sounds like a big dose. Glad you chose to stay on the lower dose. It will be interesting to see what your levels are. Time certainly is a thief, my friend. Loved the side by side photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paula! I've probably watched that video a dozen times ...and wept every time.
      It's a bit disconcerting to go on the same Rx for years, then get bleeped. I'll let you know! (Thanks for asking!)

      Delete
  4. It is for the exact reason of monsoons that I wanted those palm trees down in front. Now we have no liability issues with trees.

    So glad to hear about the house selling, big relief and it is good they knew what they wanted and stuck with their price they wanted.

    Medicine sure has changed over the years. If you ever have a concern about something lab test wise, shoot me over an email. I might help you figure out the what ifs sooner than later and still get you to enjoy your weekend.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Betty. Thank you, and I may just do that!

      I remember telling y'all I was so worried about the kids' house (me probably, more so than them!); there was little to do but give it over to God. Funny how that worked out. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, my, I hate it when medical issues raise up and scare me. So sorry to read about that short lived anxiety. Happy the kids sold and with their price. I hate humidity. My joints hurt. Sixty days? Ouy vey. We endure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary ... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

      I wonder how on earth you handled the humidity for so long in Chicago? Suppose we all acclimate after a fashion?
      Then again, we've little choice (*smile*).

      Delete
  6. Yeah you do have a lot to be jumping up and down about. Great on the closing, and remember when folks say 'don't worry about it'? It is hard not to look at the 'what if's?' But glad for you.
    I gotta say WOW about the trees.

    And good ending, great inspiring video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jack! Yup, I expect each of our lives are merely a series of up's and down's. Must remember to hang onto the up's during the down's and keep on going.

      Delete
  7. A false positive lab test is definitely reason to celebrate - and breathe a Big Sigh of relief.
    Sloopy is surviving the monsoon season?? That's amazing.

    I'm so glad that you son's house sold in only nine months....but don't mention the word "realtor" to me or I might bite.

    It took over FOUR YEARS for my Texas house to sell and towards the end I was considering abandoning it or burning it down. I lived in a desolate tumbleweed town where nobody wanted to buy anything. I finally sold it for a fraction of what it was worth and counted my blessings for getting out of there alive.

    On that dismal note I'll take my leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. 4 years? My gawd, Jon. I'd have been tempted to light a match, myself.

      Home ownership is definitely not what it's cracked up to be anymore. Not 3 days into their vacation, our elderly neighbors had a call: "Come home, quick. Your house is flooding." Thanks to insurance and contractors working day and night, their's will be practically a new home. (Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind. LOL.)

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a good week for you and your family. So glad that the what if didn't happen. Not much rain at all here, dryer than it has been in a long time. Nothing much we can do at all about the weather. Hope you have a good Sunday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right. There's little we can do about the weather. After all, Mother Nature pays absolutely no mind to our complaints and just asks (that) we hang in there!

      Delete
  9. Waiting for and hearing lab test results are always like sitting on a powder keg. Glad the house got sold. CONGRATS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think by now, we'd be inured to the waiting game. You 'get' it ... and I sure appreciate you saying so! :)

      Delete
  10. I have a friend in Phoenix, and he has mentioned the climbing humidity. :-) I assure him, it's better than Houston! Yikes on the trees! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup! Amazing the difference in one's skin and hair... out here it's a moisturizer manufacturers' dream, and y'all get it 'free-for-nothing'! :)
    Thanks for visiting, Gayle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh the weather is something this year. A gal I know in Louisana is struggling with the wait to get back to their home which was flooded. ALl we can do is prat. Love the house, what a beautiful place and the long marriage and engagement makes me smile too. NIce to see you here. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!