Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Doing the Hodge - O'Podgery!



I do hope Joyce pardons my feeble attempt at Gaelic!  
Who wants to join us in a bit of Hodgepodge?  Just answer the questions on your own blog and link up here




What do you think about luck?


Not much, actually.
Aside from happenstance, I think everyone bears responsibility for his/her own fortune ... or misfortune.


Not counting your own backyard, what's a favorite green space in your town, city or state?

Arizona's certainly not known for its green spaces, is it?
Since I work at a golf resort, I'd have to say this spot of land just out back of my office door.




How do you make your life more complex than it needs to be?
  
If only I'd quit trying to please all the people, all the time ... 


I read here the three places you should visit with friends.  They are - New York City, Hawaii and Amsterdam (rent a bike, walk along the canal, visit one of their world-class museums).  I felt the need to expound on that one.  Moving on ... of the three places listed, which would you most like to visit with friends?

New York ... New York!!!
(Who'd like to come along?)

What's one place not on the list you think should be visited with friends?

What a fun reverie!
I immediately thought of Nashville ... Branson ... Fredricksburg, too.
Finally I settled on "The City Different" (Santa Fe), right down the road from my hometown.  
(Looking through the eyes of the child I was...)



What's the last live performance you saw?
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being best) how would you rate it?

DH and I recently attended a dinner theater engagement of Fiddler on the Roof.  
Honestly, I was a bit skeptical ... not expecting much from a small venue.
  
Well, color me astonished.  (Yes, that's a 10.)
The fellow who played Tevye - here from the Metropolitan Opera - our-zero'd Zero Mostel!




March 14 is National Potato Chip Day.  Are you a fan?

Not so much.  Anything salty is my weakness, so I try not to keep them around.
Your favorite flavor?
Besides potato, what's your favorite chip type of snack?

This doesn't qualify as a chip, but I've become addicted to (unsalted) dry roasted nuts ... poor girl's pistachios!



What rule is most important in your home?

Rules? ... We don't do no stinkin' rules. :)
That is, unless you count my going off on Tom for forgetting to keep the doors locked.  
Non-negotiable, no siree!


Insert your own random thought here.

Tomorrow, (St. Paddy's Day) I'll have completed another lap around the sun -- 
Happy Birthday to me!

For some reason, I'm curiously excited about the coming year.  

Since we've no special plans, it's hard for this pathological planner to put her finger on it.  Maybe some things are best left alone ...  

L'chaim!



What's that green bit of deliciousness in my hand?
I forget the name, but it's equal parts Rumchada, creme de cacao and creme de menthe.  :)))))


17 comments:

  1. Fiddler on the Roof is being played at our community theater. I have a few friends in it, and have been wanting to go see it.

    Glad you enjoyed the show, have something turn out to be a 10 is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday tomorrow! I enjoyed your HP today! It's always fun and it seems we are all answering differently this week. Always interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy Birthday my friend!! I wish you a wonderful day and the coming year! I'd go on a trip to NYC with you in a minute! I've never been!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always tempted to answer the questions - but whether or not I do, I liked all of your answers.
    The first time I ever saw "Fiddler on the Roof" was at a dinner theater (about a 100 years ago) and it was surprisingly good.

    So, your B Day coincides with St. Patrick's Day? I didn't know that. Whatever is on your agenda, I hope you have a fantastic day - filled with rainbows, pots of gold, shamrocks, and all good things!

    wow! It's a good thing I saw my typo before I posted this. I had written "damrocks" instead of "shamrocks"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday tomorrow...and many more to come! Glad you joined us for Hodgepodge today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we have one rule here.. besides the same as yours about locked doors. must be a man thing... The Rule refers to the TV DVR and remote to the BIG screen TV... Sat/Sunday and some Fridays ALL sports Trump what ever no matter. he gets to record ALL sports. i fit mine in around his.

    the only show i have seen in my 71 years is Fiddler on the roof and my best friend required me to go with her to see her 3 teens act in a high school play. my first and my last. bring on the movies...Happy Birthday before i forget
    i find so much in your answers that are me
    I am a pathological planner
    trying to please all the people, all the time . been both of those my whole life. enjoyed your hodge O podge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from Paula's at Smidgens Snippet and Bit. Best wishes to you on your birthday! I would LOVE to go to NY with someone who had already been there. I have only been there once and it was a fly in and out in the same day. Not any time to do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed reading your post and I hope you have a great day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ALWAYS without fail enjoy your answers to any questions. I have many opinions, but when asked, most times I draw a blank. I was asked my favorite color the other day, and could not think of one. LOL
    Love you lady and as always a visit here always brings a big smile and the 'feel good' thing.
    Love to you and the big guy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a great drink! Happy early birthday! We'll have to find a way to celebrate it belatedly once we move and get settled in.

    Funny, hubby and me were just talking about where we would want to go and revisit of places we've lived or been to and we came up with possibly Santa Fe. I would love to see how much it changed since we moved in 1998.

    I think it could be fun to do New York :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday and Happy St.Patrick's Day. What a great day to celebrate !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! I haven't been to Sante Fe since I was a teenager (my grandparents lived in Albuquerque), so I suppose I'm thinking of it with my child eyes too. I loved taking a day trip there and would love a return visit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday. Loved your responses. Stopping in from Hodge Podge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you are ultra spoiled on your birthday. What a beautiful view outside your office window! That's gotta make going to work much easier. Locking the doors for sure. Here too! Have to check up on my man the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. have a great birthday, bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd be happy to give anyone a warm welcome to New York City, including riding the subway. Had the best time when one of my blog buddies and family came to visit two years ago and love to show off my city.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am going to stop spending so much time at FB. I swear I wished you a happy birthday there! You have an awesome birthday. Oh the grad girl and her sweetheart would look terrific on canvas. NYC it would be my choice to hang out with friends, like Carol Z who lives there so she could show us around. You share the best stuff. I crack up when my oldest child drats from store to store in search of the new Lay's potato chip flavors like biscuits and gravy! Lord! Lord! Or mac n cheese with bacon. LOL! I need to stop over here more often. Love to you, hey we could always plan a getaway to Santa Fe. I would love the opera, the hubby, not so much! We could meet up on a long weekend. Barb from Nevada is suppose to come visit in September or October. Hmmmm....now I am thinking. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!