Saturday, September 5, 2015

11 Years!



Hello Friends,
I hope y'all are enjoying a stress-LESS weekend!

I'm a day late and a dollar short!
Yesterday was actually DH's and my anniversary -- but like the Jester's (fools) cap, my trains of thought were pointing this-way-and-that ... and of course, nothing got accomplished.

How'd we mark the occasion?  
Well, I'd be lying if I said I don't long to dress up and go out on the town.  Then again, it's probably unbecoming to doze off before the creme brulee' is served.   

May 2004
So!  Rather than splurge on drinks and dinner at some high-end restaurant, I thought it might be fun to spread out the occasion at more, less costly venues.   (Remember those 'progressive dinners', popular in the 70's?) 

Yesterday was breakfast - probably my favorite meal of the day!   Jus' one of the reasons I love this fella, Tom doesn't get embarrassed if I order the 'lumberjack' breakfast, with extra sides of bacon and sausage ... and clean my plate.

He surprised me/us with a pair of lovely goblets, so, supper was 'Barefoot' Cabernet and pistachio nuts.  Yum!

After this afternoon's Big Game, we're slated to enjoy an early supper at Lone Star Steakhouse, and tomorrow's a massage -- my favorite thing in the whole wide world!!!
Monday?  (more)Wine and dessert at Cheesecake Factory ... my own definition of the Magic Kingdom.   (In case you suspect I love to eat more so than your average bear, you'd be right.)  

  ***

I've not looked at our wedding pix in like, forever ... but in between cracking open shells last night, it seemed like an OK thing to do. 

There's been many a time, looking at these leaves me feeling melancholy for what was -- even a little annoyed -- but those thoughts are best left for another time.   Would you like to peek?



 Psst, Troy ... who invited all these awful people?


That precious State Farm commercial wasn't around back then, but this picture makes me imagine Chloe saying to Kayla, "Your Grandpa just kissed my Grandma."

'da clan!

Tom's probably thinking, "bring on those Colorado Bulldogs!"
Yes, that IS a slide leading down to the restaurant!
Hard to believe my little maid of honor, Sarah, is 21 now and engaged to be married herself!

* * *

Thanks for accompanying me on this stroll down memory lane. 

Have yourselves a delicious weekend, and (I don't know why I'm compelled to say so), please watch out for the other guy!



Hugs from Phoenix!
Myra








26 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary!
    I think it's a wonderful idea to extend the celebration all weekend rather than on just one day.

    And - just for the record - I would definitely order the "lumberjack" breakfast, too.

    The wedding photos are so sweet.
    (I've never slid into a restaurant in my entire life - - not while I was sober, anyway....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another carnivore in the crowd! :) Love it, Jon!

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Myra & Tom. I hope you enjoy every bite at all those lovely eateries! Your wedding album was so much fun to look it. Many, many more years you two! You're a beautiful couple and Tom and I wish you all the very best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary and Tom! I can't believe it's already been a year since we enjoyed breakfast together in Cottonwood!

      Delete
  3. Happy anniversary to you two, Myra and Tom! I loved the wedding pictures; so adorable they all were! I like how you are spreading out the celebrating over a few days with lots of delicious food and activities :) Yum on the Cheesecake Factory! We will have to do lunch there sometime, especially if we end up south :)

    Enjoy your weekend and your celebrating!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's make a point to do that, Betty! I can't wait to meet you. :)

      Delete
  4. First congratulations to a lovely couple. And the wedding pictures, good stuff. It is wonderful to see a couple in love, no matter the age. Tom is a handsome dude and you a beautiful lady. The time sounded right for the good things, now the plans are great. Enjoy the massage and the time at the Cheese Cake Factory.

    Sending love from NC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the caption:Your grandpa just kissed my grandma! SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but you should see those 'leggy' young ladies today. Time is a thief!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your anniversary - what a beautiful bride you were. I like your idea of spreading out the anniversary events!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary to you both, and many more! I loved the wedding pics.

    Your parting statement reminded me of my dear old dad. His parting statement, every time we part ways via a vehicle, he always says, "Watch the other fellow." It was a saying of his dad's and he's passed it on to us. Now, of course, we say it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it comforting how we unconsciously pick up our parents and grandparents' words? Thank you for sweet wishes!

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary ! The wedding pictures are all just wonderful. Nice you can spread the celebration out over a few days like that. An anniversary is truly something to celebrate !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of the ordinary, for sure; but yes, we're enjoying ourselves. Thank you, my friend!

      Delete
  9. I love strolls down that lane :) Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect your own strolls are a great inspiration, Rick! Thank you.

      Delete
  10. The photos are lovely. Your celebration sounds like a nice one and the Cheesecake Factory is a favorite of mine!
    Happy Anniversary.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debby! Have you tried their 'firecracker salmon' rolls? To.Die.For! :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  11. You lost me at "Cheese Cake Factory". I love those little slices of heaven!!!!! Happy Anniversary and thanks for the blog visit!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by, Lisa. Please come back, anytime!

      Delete
  12. Happy Anniversary you two!! Loved the pictures. You are one elegant lady, my friend! I love how you celebrated at different restaurants. Love Lone Star!! A big juicy steak sounds like heaven to me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're too kind, Paula. I've not felt remotely elegant in a long time ... but that's OK!
      We never made it to Lone Star; I guess there's only so much excitement this old gal can take in one weekend. :)

      Delete
  13. Awesome wedding anniversary! I a always so tickled when I see folks celebrating. Makes me smile. So happy belated anniversary to you two. Enjoy many more. Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!