Thursday, April 9, 2015

Update :)



Thank you so for your well wishes!

The results of DH's scan were pretty good, overall.   One of the lynch nodes has grown slightly, but Dr. Lee isn't concerned.    They'll do another CAT in 90 days; suppose it's best our doctors are being pro-active.  (Either that or they like my company's insurance!)

I was more than a little nervous this time, on account Tom's been experiencing some shortness of breath and increased coughing.
... then near daylight I had to chide myself for my ridiculous mental preparations.

It's always the same story:
We sit in the little exam room, examining the ceiling tiles like they contain a dark secret.   Our eyes roam here and there; everywhere but at one another.  Then, the magi appears and I'm intrigued all over again by his footwear.  Today's moccasins are a buttery caramel that look soft as a baby's bottom. So I'm sitting all prim and focused with my little notebook, when all I want to do is caress his right shoe leather.

BTW, last night's concert totally blew away any expectations I may have harbored.   Even Tom (who I suspect came along for the ride) said it was one of the best shows he's ever seen. Have you ever heard of frozen cheesecake on a stick - and red wine - served at concert venues?  Tom enjoyed his drizzled with hot fudge.  Thank you, but I take my 'dago red' straight up.  (smile)

I was initially dismayed that our seats  - so carefully chosen on line - afforded us MAYBE a quarter view of the stage.   The fellow beside us was nearly apopletic: "For what I paid, this is *****!  I'm going to Guest Services and give them a piece of my mind.).  His poor wife just sunk a little lower in her seat. I was tempted - just for a minute - to offer her some wine.
Instead, I put on my 'nice' face and asked an usher -- if  if our section wasn't totally full, might we move down a bit.   He did better than that, and exchanged our tickets for two on the 4th row.   Woo-hoo!

Well, it's back to the office tomorrow, for one more day.  I could get used to these abbreviated work weeks!

Enjoy your Friday, my friends!

Hugs from Phoenix,
Myra



15 comments:

  1. Cheesecake and Wine! Now who can beat that. And frozen on a stick! That is my kind of concert. So happy for Tom's good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that your update is a positive one. And the magi and moccasin interlude is funny! Frozen cheesecake on a stick sounds wonderful - - and I'd nearly kill for a glass (or bottle) of wine. Here in heathen Baptist hillbilly country it's not for sale. Thank God I can still buy beer......

    Hey - it's obviously pays to be nice to an usher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I meant to say "It obviously pays...."
      Sorry.

      Delete
  3. Yea witih the good news for hubby! I love your "lynch" node (I know you meant lymph node, but lynch is a good way to describe them too :)

    Glad to hear the concert was a good one! See it pays to be nice! You got upgraded to what sounds like great seats because of kindness :)

    Now that is my kind of concert, red wine and cheesecake!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I totally didn't catch that typo. Funny!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad your husband got some good news. The concert sounds awesome. Your seat exchange was one terrific upgrade by the sound of it. You made me hungry I want some of that cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had good news with the results of the scan. What a blessing that is ! The concert sounds wonderful. Nice you got different seats so you could enjoy it ! Hope you have a fantastic Friday !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fourth row....wow! Glad you were blessed this way. There's a lesson here for all of us about diplomacy. So glad to hear Tom's good report!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I can't take credit. "Mr. Grumpy pants" got the 2nd row! I guess someone realized they shouldn't have sold those seats originally, and someone was supposed to have alerted us when we arrived. But with all the hubbub, I understand some stuff just slips 'tween the cracks.

      Delete
  7. I am glad your husband is okay and got some good news - and it is good they are checking and being pro-active!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear Tom is doing good and you are staying on top of everything.

    I'm happy you enjoyed your concert and how smart you were with the seat change. Sneaky girl! I have Neil Diamond on Tuesday - I cannot wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news is always a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to hear Tom is doing well...of course, I'm reading these posts backwards, so I'm having to wait to see what was wrong with him!

    I'm glad you got your seat changed at the concert! I like folks who go above and beyond to help others out like the usher did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just lost my comment! LOL! The news came on talking about Blue bell ice cream and the listeria outbreak! I looked up for a moment and my comment was forever gone from this place! Sigh...
    Glad to her Tom is getting along so well and getting good reports. You are quite the character. I do it too. LOL! Always daydreaming about something or asking questions inside my own head! Sigh...
    Cheesecake and wine sounds mighty fine. Last concert we attended was Rodney Atkins at the Cheyenne Frontier Days which holds those concerts in the rodeo with worn old bleachers and lots of dirt and dust! Hee Hee, I saw a movie last year with Rebekah indoors and it was one of those places that serves food and liquor right up to your seat! I am not a huge fan since the Aurora Shooting. I like to be clear headed but there were women there that were toasted roasted and ready to be rolled up and put away for the night! LOL! Goodness, the cheesecake and wine sounds delightful though. At a Dave Koz concert at Christmas about 7 years ago two couples seated in front of us had a bottle of whiskey in a brown paper sack! We were appalled, because Dave Koz and his smooth jazz is just not dog barking, jumping out of your seat kinda music! HaHaHa! Being polite can still get you farther when you think about it. Buying concert tickets can be a potluck exprience. I am glad you got an upgrade! Woo Hoo! HAve a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!