Friday, March 27, 2015

Thursday's Mug




s'true, I've a habit of attaching sentiment to certain inanimate objects around my home.   Coffee mugs, for instance!
..... almost akin to my former boss who'd choose which martini glass she'd use, based on the mood in which she found herself at days end!


As you can see, we've no shortage of coffee cups!  (This, even after having released a dozen or more to Goodwill!)   Unfortunately, most are doomed to play the understudy for the rest of their useful lives.   They've no history!

Instead, each of my weekday mugs holds a special meaning:

Monday's mug is now a certifiably faded rose ... bearing the poem, Footprints.   One of my oldest and dearest friends gifted it when I left Texas so long ago.  The poem's meaning didn't touch me so much in those days, but I suspect Debra knew how important it would become.

... Tuesday's cup was discovered in a Santa Fe gift shop during my last excursion with mother.

... Wednesday's mug states, "I'm a Malti-Poo Mom" .... like it or not!  (A contribution from a wise woman who instinctively understood how much I missed Caraleigh and didn't especially welcome our new pups.)

... Friday morning reminds me, I'm only a few hours from "Bare Feet"!   All I have to do is look at Pooh's cheery countenance and I'm instantly transported back to the day my best friend and I spent at DisneyWorld, laughing 'til our insides hurt.

Did you notice, Thursday was missing?
No wonder I jumped at the opportunity to participate in Stephanie's 6th annual mug exchange.  I'm not sure if I prefer the gifting or the receiving part best!

But, there's a little girl inside me who still gets excited over receiving brown paper packages, tied up with string.    The moment I saw Thursday's mug I realized Adria totally nailed it.  Even the accompanying place mat is something I'd choose for myself ...and it was neat to know she shares my affinity for dark roast coffee.   I'd like to say something nice about the chocolate-covered pretzels, but DH beat me to the punch.   LOL.


Thank you, Adria!!!
Hugs from Phoenix!
Myra

P.S.

As long as we're on the subject of java ... I wanted to share this great sounding recipe for Ree Drummond's 'crazy coffee'!
Generally I take my coffee straight-up black -- but after getting over the initial "Whaaaaat the heck?"this has my taste buds applauding.

Recipe

Crazy Coffee

Prep Time:
 
 
Cook Time:
Difficulty:
 Easy
 
Servings:
 1

Ingredients

12 ounces, fluid Strong Coffee, Very Hot
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil, Unrefined
1 Tablespoon Cold Butter (unsalted Is Recommended)

Preparation Instructions

Place all three ingredients in a blender and blend until emulsified, about 10-15 seconds (it will look like very creamy coffee). Pour into a coffee cup and enjoy immediately! (Warm it for 15 seconds in the microwave after blending if you'd like it to be very hot; blending cools it down slightly.)





13 comments:

  1. Mmmm... there is nothing like a good cup of coffee :) Speaking of which, I need to brew myself some more this morning.

    My dear Myra, I am so thankful you joined the exchange and I was thrilled to hear how Adria gave you the perfect items :) I know what you mean about giving and getting... the giving is so much fun, almost more fun than the getting, but like you, I, too, love getting sweet little packages :)

    Have a beautiful weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your style, Monday was first and I went back to Monday, so for me Monday is a winner. (Love the Poem,later meaning more) (Iknow it makes no sense to me when I reread it either, but it stays,) I like Monday's cup.
    I use the same cup , it still has the chip, I am glad I did not discard it.
    I actually change cups maybe once a month, for a day.
    From the first we collected cups. Then for my Company gifts I had cups made with our slogan, "Let us build your dream". I still have friends ask,'Do you have any more, I borke mine."
    This is a very good entry, jolts the memory. I am into that lately.
    Love you girl, hugs to 'The Man'.
    (I noticed your ending Hugs! I automatically added, 'and Mugs'.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cup for each day of the week...that sounds so like you! I recently cleaned out a box full of mugs here. I only kept 9 mugs. Hopefully I'll never need more than that in one setting. Sounds like a fun exchange! Now for that recipe....butter in coffee???? Sounds ah horrible! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum with the coffee recipe, I'll have to make it. How sweet with the mug exchange! I love the one you got and I also like that you have a different mug for every day of the week. I usually just grab whatever is the closet in the cupboard. When we moved into hubby's parents' home 4 years ago, I weeded through their mugs. I think they had over 100, I got it down to a manageable 25 or so :)

    Enjoy a HOT weekend :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an addiction to coffee mugs! I have so many that I have to rotate them every few months! Put some away and pull some out. I have to literally fight myself not to buy more (and often I lose that fight)!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have such affection for this post. I understand completely about your special mugs. The exchange sounds charming. And your gift is special indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute mug! I also collect mugs and I try to use different ones when I'm drinking tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coffee mugs are very personal. I am attached to ones that were gifted because they were especially chosen for me. One handle broke a few weeks back and now the decorated "Mom" cup from the kiddos sits on my desk with pens and scissors in it. Your new mug is delightful! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it ironic that I'm drinking a cup of peach tea while reading this? I have a large collection of coffee mugs and tea cups - and they all have sentimental value. I use different ones at different times of the year.....and varying ones to match my many moods.

    Actually I'm a tea addict, so I use large mugs for tea......and smaller cups for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Myra, it is so nice to meet you! I am visiting from my dear Stephanie's exchange and so happy I did.
    Adria, my dear a precious friend, I might add :) has graced you with a beautiful selection of treasures, and I loved hearing you share with us how you use your special mugs, how fun and unique.

    Stephanie sure puts a lot of love behind her exchanges and many are blessed through them.

    Have a beautiful week-end.
    Joy to you!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like your new mug! Happy Thursday coffee time. I've seen buttered coffee, but am hesitant to try it. I feel content with my milk, no sugar, and I'm sticking with it. At least 3 times a day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband, "Ole Boy" collects mugs, too. Where ever we go, he picks up a mug. He rarely, if ever, actually uses them, though he is a coffee drinker (I am not.) We have a huge stash of cups, though, if ever one is needed. lolz

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that cup collection! I also want to try the Pioneer Woman's coffee recipe! Sounds wonderful. Not trying to be a stalking but if you were visiting our church they would give you a cool coffee cup for visiting ! HeeHee! Your blog is a smile for me each time I visit. You write so wonderfully. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!