Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Letters ... March 6 edition



Yay, we made it to the brink of another weekend!
Once more, I'm tickled to join Paula at Smidgens, Snippets and Bits for another edition of Friday letters.   If you've a moment - and haven't met her yet - please drop by and say, 'hi'!




Dear Executive
I'm sorry to have disagreed with you in front of others.   But yes, there IS such a person as Yo Yo Ma.   I'm no expert, but your excuse -- "But I'm from Detroit" -- seems like an unreasonable insult to much of that city's populace.


Dear Department of Motor Vehicles
Like many Federal and State agencies, I suppose you're suffering from increasing budget cutbacks. May I make a suggestion?
I think the biggest drawback to getting my license renewed is posing for that dang mug shot!   Regardless how I 'primp' before hand, my image always results in my looking like a convicted felon.
Now I've not a lot of discretionary income, but would be happy to pony up, say $10 or $15 for a 6-pack choice of poses ... and I've a hunch others would do the same


Dear Concert-Goers
Yes, Alan Jackson's performance was incredible.
Your enthusiasm and energy is enviable, but would you please, please just sit down?   We all paid good money for our seats -- including that group of senior citizens - some in wheelchairs!- who I'm pretty sure would like to see the stage (v. your derrieres).


Dear Facebook
Have to hand it to you ... that was slick.   I've not 'accidentally' sent someone a friend request in a long while - but each time, it was someone I've known.
I'm not sure how you and I accomplished it, but now I've a new friend from Alabama who I'd never heard of before!
Seems like a nice lady ....

 
Dear Mr. God
Frankly, the last couple of workdays were trying.   Thank you for keeping your arm around my shoulder and a hand over my mouth!




Hugs from Phoenix!
Myra

10 comments:

  1. As for the drivers license photo - - I'd need more than a choice of six. How about 15 or 20? Or a touch up from PhotoShop....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, loved your letters. My driver's license picture is just awful, but what can you do? I can only hope I never get stopped :)

    May you have a restful weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I loved these! I want to have a reall photographer take my DL picture too. And when I state my weight I don't want the girl to look up at me over the top of her glasses.....Glad you like Alan Jackson but I agree about people standing...why do they do that? I always like it when God puts his hand over my mouth. He needs to do it more often though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see your letters once more. What a great idea. Hope you have a wonderful weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - these were especially good. Loved the Alan Jackson one and the drivers license one. Here, let me add one....

    Dear Insurance Company, Thank you for doubling my rates while you cut my benefits in half. How fun for me that you stopped discounting the exact prescriptions that I take. And did I mention that it's super special how my deductible is now higher than what we earn in a year? I'd bend over and let you stick your boot up my ass but I'm afraid the cost of removing it would bankrupt me under your coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your imagination. The letters are all very entertain and do strike a nerve. Some I would really like to write. The driver's license is definitely from a ladie's point of view I could care less, BUT SHERRY! she is definitely on your side....
    Love from here and Hugs to the big man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the letters. My favorite was the one to the Concert-Goers. I am extremely short so I know how frustrating it is to be behind someone standing up. Ruins the show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The concert and FB are my favs but they are all good. I was secretly hoping I'd find you writing the acceptance speeches at the Academy Awards a few weeks back. No such luck.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahhaa....what cuteness...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh license photos - bleck! Hate them! The last time I got one, I was instructed not to smile. You are no longer allowed to smile (at least not here in Virginia)!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!