One of my favorite blog-friends, Paula, has nominated me for the Liebster Award!
I'm not necessarily big on awards ... but as I told her, I'm delighted to let my 'inner Barbara Walters' out of the closet!Here are the rules:
- Post 11 random facts yourself
- Answer 11 questions posed by Paula
- Nominate bloggers with less than 200 followers to do the same
- Let those bloggers know that you've chosen them
OK, random facts about myself:
- Take away the part about water, and I'm a typical Pisces
- Rainy days get me down -- but I love the snow and ice!
- I like to think I'm a good listener
- Conservative? Yes. Both in my politics and lifestyle
- I still care WAY too much what others think of me
- On account I'm a lousy backer-upper, I go out of my way to find a pass-through parking space
- Ya, I'm "that" person who makes 3 right turns to avoid a left
- I've never once had to parallel park, and don't plan to start!
- Given my druthers, I'd most enjoy Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner at a nice restaurant
- If I'm 'on time' ... I'm late
- I can't stand having an unmade bed
Dang, this is hard! I don't want to put anyone on the spot.
I'd love to see what Kim and Tarryterre have to say ... Anne and Mary, too. Heck, I invite all my circle of friends to come play!
Paula's questions for me:
Why do you blog?
To see myself think. (No, that sounds flippant - not my intent.)
I suppose, when all's said and done, I blog so my granddaughters will have a good idea of who I was and what mattered to me.
How did you choose the name of your blog?
Respice Prospice came from an inscription on an old locket given me some years ago. I was really taken with the translation: Look to the future, learn from the past.
What makes you laugh out loud?
Our year-old Malti-poo puppies, Macie and Grace. They're crazy!
Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Definitely a morning gal. My day starts at 4:00. (Mind you, I'm a basket case after 9!)
Favorite TV show and why?
The Bachelor/Bachelorette -- not sure why.
Jeopardy always makes me think (how little I know!)
Family Feud never fails to crack me up!
What do you want to be when you grow up?
A homicide detective. (If I can pay someone else to do the science stuff.)
How do you cope when things are not going well in your life?
Wine and prayer. (Not necessarily in that order.)
A favorite quote:
There's so many, but my 'right now' favorite:
"So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good." - Helen Keller
(Thank you, Jack!)
Your favorite food to snack on when no-one is around?
Ice-cold, extra-crunchy JIF.
What is your favorite social media?
What is one destination that you dream of traveling to?
It used to be St. Petersburg, Russia.. Today, between the TSA and terror threats, my sights are set closer to home -- Breckenridge, CO for the International Snow Sculpting championships.
My questions for y'all!
(...and yes, you over there!)
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Everyone's heard of TV's "The Apprentice." If you could apprentice under anyone in the world for one year, who would that be?
- What's your favorite way of relaxing?
- What would be the most enjoyable way for you to spend $100?
- What type of entertainment that others enjoy would you have a really hard time sitting through?
- Name a taste that makes you melt.
- If you could have chosen your own first name, what would it be?
- What CD is currently playing in your car?
- Have you any present-day heroes?
- If, like a product, your behavior came with a guarantee, what could you honestly guarantee about yourself?
- What would be a good theme song for you?
Hugs from Phoenix!