Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I've been Liebster-ed!


One of my favorite blog-friends, Paula, has nominated me for the Liebster Award!
 I'm not necessarily big on awards ... but as I told her, I'm delighted to let my 'inner Barbara Walters' out of the closet! 
Here are the rules:
  1. Post 11 random facts yourself
  2. Answer 11 questions posed by Paula
  3. Nominate bloggers with less than 200 followers to do the same
  4. Let those bloggers know that you've chosen them

OK, random facts about myself:
  1. Take away the part about water, and I'm a typical Pisces
  2. Rainy days get me down -- but I love the snow and ice!
  3. I like to think I'm a good listener
  4. Conservative?  Yes.  Both in my politics and lifestyle
  5. I still care WAY too much what others think of me
  6. On account I'm a lousy backer-upper, I go out of my way to find a pass-through parking space
  7. Ya, I'm "that" person who makes 3 right turns to avoid a left
  8. I've never once had to parallel park, and don't plan to start!
  9. Given my druthers, I'd most enjoy Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner at a nice restaurant
  10. If I'm 'on time' ... I'm late
  11. I can't stand having an unmade bed

My nominees?
Dang, this is hard!   I don't want to put anyone on the spot.
I'd love to see what Kim and Tarryterre have to say ... Anne and Mary, too.  Heck, I invite all my circle of friends to come play!
 
Paula's questions for me:

Why do you blog?
To see myself think.   (No, that sounds flippant - not my intent.)
I suppose, when all's said and done, I blog so my granddaughters will have a good idea of who I was and what mattered to me.

How did you choose the name of your blog?
Respice Prospice came from an inscription on an old locket given me some years ago.  I was really taken with the translation:  Look to the future, learn from the past.

What makes you laugh out loud?
Our year-old Malti-poo puppies, Macie and Grace.  They're crazy!

Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Definitely a morning gal.  My day starts at 4:00.  (Mind you, I'm a basket case after 9!)

Favorite TV show and why?
The Bachelor/Bachelorette -- not sure why.
Jeopardy always makes me think (how little I know!)
Family Feud never fails to crack me up!

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A homicide detective.  (If I can pay someone else to do the science stuff.)

How do you cope when things are not going well in your life?
Wine and prayer.  (Not necessarily in that order.)

A favorite quote:
There's so many, but my 'right now' favorite:
"So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good."  - Helen Keller
(Thank you, Jack!)

Your favorite food to snack on when no-one is around?
Ice-cold, extra-crunchy JIF.

What is your favorite social media?
Facebook!!!

What is one destination that you dream of traveling to?
It used to be St. Petersburg, Russia..  Today, between the TSA and terror threats, my sights are set closer to home -- Breckenridge, CO for the International Snow Sculpting championships.

Now....
My questions for y'all! 
(...and yes, you over there!)
  1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
  2. Everyone's heard of TV's "The Apprentice."  If you could apprentice under anyone in the world for one year, who would that be?
  3. What's your favorite way of relaxing?
  4. What would be the most enjoyable way for you to spend $100?
  5. What type of entertainment that others enjoy would you have a really hard time sitting through?
  6. Name a taste that makes you melt.
  7. If you could have chosen your own first name, what would it be?
  8. What CD is currently playing in your car?
  9. Have you any present-day heroes?
  10. If, like a product, your behavior came with a guarantee, what could you honestly guarantee about yourself?
  11. What would be a good theme song for you?
As Paula says, "Please jump in and let's all get to know each other a bit better."  

Hugs from Phoenix!
Myra

14 comments:

  1. I loved every single little bit of information that I learned here. Thank you for playing along. I always wanted to be a Homicide detective too! And wine and prayer are a great way to cope with stress...lots of both! And the Helen Keller quote is right up there with some of my favorites....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! I did like learning more about you, especially how you came up with the name of your blog :) I too never intend to parallel park :)

    In other news, we're going to whirlwind our way through Prescott next Friday. As luck has it, I took the day off from work so I wouldn't go over my PTO hours and hubby needs to be there that day so I'm going with him :) But we'll be in and out so quick......otherwise I'd see if we could meet up :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a bright spot on and elcetion night. Allmy election news comes via the computer so I am flipping around. so far I am not disappointed )too badly) I would like to see more conservatives.... but.... anyway I loved your insights and answers. Good stuff..
    Love from Central Florida!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, I love the reason for the Blog title, I have always liked it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award. I have an award free blog so I do not participate in them. But following your lead, I will here... I'm a typical Gemini.I love rainy days. I too love to listen, but talking is my thing. Parallel parking is not my cup of tea. I love Halloween and Christmas. We seldom eat at home.etc. etc

    ReplyDelete
  6. One thing about awards like that is they do help us to get to know a bit more about you. I enjoyed the questions and answers. I like that quote that Jack shared too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was fun. I too rise at 4:00 was interested in forensics and always wanted to view an autopsy. I do not like rain, nor sleet, nor ice and only like the first snow for the season. I can relax in the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Did you receive your book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Linda! The book actually arrived today ... I can hardly wait to dig in and chuckle!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the lobster award - or I mean Liebster award!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I loved hearing all about you. I especially liked the reason behind your blog name. I can't believe anyone would want to get up at 4am ON PURPOSE. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not much on awards either, but answering the questions can be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was fun, almost -- but not quite as good -- as a visit. I think I'd like to travel back to Sedona. Not this year, but in the next few, and get to see a dear friend in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun questions she had for you...loved your answers and see that we have a few things in common.
    Love the questions you asked, too. I may join you in this one....:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gee I am behind over here! LOL! That's because you catch me at Face Book! I will get caught up ok?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!