Friday, December 27, 2013

Turn out the lights ...

 ... the party's (almost) over!

I hope everyone thoroughly enjoyed -- in his or her own fashion -- a wonderful Christmas!

Ours was certainly made brighter by Encouraging News from DH's oncologist the day before.   Baring any unforeseen 'uh-oh's', they don't want to see us again until March!   
Recalling Tom's original diagnosis, I can't begin to describe the enormity of our relief.   
....then again, I hadn't counted on the army of angels who've held us up! :)

My FB pal, Danny, sent this link just the other day.   At the time, I supposed there wasn't enough time to spend 6 minutes sitting, watching a film about gratitude.  This morning I watched.   Then twice, three times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nj2ofrX7jAk

Silly lady!   Looking back, I've probably wasted more time telling myself, "I don't have time"!
So, the party's nearing a conclusion, and I'm left to consider its parting gifts.   

Before saying "bye" ... and speaking of gifts, here's a poser:  

Is it just me, or does anyone else wish Victoria's Secret would go away ..... like far, far away?   
I'm not sure about you or your circle of friends -- but (aside from Cher) I don't know any 60-something gals who boast perfectly flat abdomens and anorexic hiplines. 
 
God bless hubby, I'm sure he thought his was a sweet gesture - but even the more "matronly" pajamas (can I use that word in conjunction with VS?) came up only to the top of my (not-so-anorexic) hips.   
Return-to-sender and happily, no feelings were hurt!   

Right now, I'm enjoying the sweet gift of not setting foot outside in two days.   Let the crowds thin a bit, then I'm planning to have a whee old time buying something really risqué .... like a new coffee maker!




Hugs from Phoenix!
Myra








     

12 comments:

  1. Such great news for Tom - I'm so happy for both of you.

    Thanks for the video link - it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful Holiday news for you and Tom. You guys have a lot to be thankful for, as we all do. But it seems when something is THAT important, the good news does carry WEIGHT! Good shot of you guys.
    YOu know, you have a knack of saying the right words. Haven't we all been too busy to take time...... Sherry and I just watched the video. Powerful (Of course I could not understand the audio, but With Sherry's guidance I could stay with the beauty. THANKS...very timely!

    Love from Florida!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would hope Victoria's Secret would go away; that store scares me in more than one way and the very few times I've stepped into it, I've always felt intimidated. Don't like it at all!

    Fantastic news about hubby!! Thank you Lord!

    Love the picture of the two of you with your pups! Looks like hubby's hair is growing in just fine?

    2013 was a tough year, but a year God faithfully walked you through; same for 2014!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a blessing for you and your husband. I laughed out loud at your reference: not so anorexic hips. I have story coming out in a couple weeks about middle age spread. Thanks for your visit, and have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My co worker Monica buys a fragrance thee and otherwise nothing to fit any of us! HaHaHa! I am a pajama queen and I received two new pairs for Christmas. Nice and cozy on this wintry night. Love your words always! Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could hear your happy news again and again. A little not-so-secret (can't be a secret in social media land :)) Victoria's Secret cotton underwear -- yes, big size -- fit great and they are so cute. Had a bunch of coupons and they were almost as inexpensive as Walmart. Treated myself and I smile when I look at the adorable prints. I do think maybe they are for younger people, but hey, it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Myra: Thank you for leaving a comment on my latest post on Arise 2 Write. God is working and I will pray for you as you trust Him for the next steps a long your journey. Hugs and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my Colorado Heart Song. Hope you will want to come again, and you might even find a new post now and then. It seems with lots of things going on in my life at the moment, blogging doesn't get the time it needs. May you and your family be blessed in 2014.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year to you and yours! Love the photo and the commentary. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sweet sister......and glad to hear good news about Tom. Uh that VS thing...........my hubby is the maintenance person at our local mall and he knows not to darken the door of VS unless he is looking for perfume:) Happy 2014 to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope 2014 proves to be a good year for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!