Sunday, September 29, 2013

Reasons to smile!


Good Sunday evening friends!
For a few days now, I've been bustin' my buttons to share ... but Life kept getting in the way!  

... Tom's long-awaited meeting with the oncologist on Tuesday turned out more wonderful than I dared dream!   We arrived wayyyy early -- which if anyone knows DH, is an anomaly in itself.   

After being ushered into the little room, we sat.   And sat.   And stared at the ceiling... and the floor.  Everywhere but at each other. 
Then, when Dr. Choi walked in with the magic white piece of paper, all he's wanting to talk about is music and geckos and "stuff."    Just when I thought I was gonna bite through my tongue, he paused and smiled and said of the PET-scan:  "Fantastic!   A lot of it has disappeared."
Seriously!

Here's Tom and his onc-nurse, "Sergeant San."   What a treasure, that woman!
If anyone looks closely, ya' those are tears in his eyes!

A later visit with the pulmonologist confirmed, while the cancer is still there, there's no spread and best of all, no immediate plans for more chemo and/or radiation.   Dr. S. said, "Go on and get out of here.  Don't bother me unless you've a problem!"    (Sounds harsh, but that's his humor and we love him!)

Of course, this news called for another cupcake supper!

In other news ....
We've officially gone over the deep end.  

Some months ago when well-meaning friends suggested we get another dog -- to aid in DH's therapy -- I couldn't ..... wouldn't entertain the idea.
When I carelessly mentioned that conversation to him a few days later, I fully expected he'd echo my feelings.  "Like another hole in my head" comes to mind.

Well, you know what happens when someone says "never"!  

In fact, I think it was me-- when we couldn't decide which puppy we liked best --  who said, "Let's get both sisters.... how much trouble can that be?"

Oh, but the universe is showing me.  Every day, in every way.  (Banging head against wall over here.) :(

They're ridiculously adorable ... and best of all, DH is a whole new person around them ... he's head over heels in love.
Me, I hope to fall in love again.    'Just can't get past Caraleigh.   ...Or maybe, I'm just afraid of losing my heart again and having it smashed to bits.  

At any rate, please meet Macie Ann and Grace Guca ... 9 weeks old today.  


..... More about the girls later.

For now, I just want to thank each and every one of you n' yours for the prayers and heartfelt wishes you've extended on our behalf.   While we're not out of the woods by a long shot, this was a good week.

I hope each of your coming days is very blessed, as well!

Hugs from Phoenix,
Myra


 




   

13 comments:

  1. Welcome to the family Macie Ann and Grace Guca! They are so adorable; I think the concept of getting two at one time is not a bad thing to do, Myra, they have companionship with each other and if you are going to train one dog, you might as well train two. It is hard when a believed pet dies, you'll never replace them, of course, but I'm sure in time Macie and Grace will worm their way into your heart.

    AND FANTASTICALLY WONDERFUL news from the oncologist! Thank you Lord!!!

    now go on and get out of here and enjoy those two pups :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful news, friend! And those puppies are heart stealers, for sure. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very happy for your good news! And you are a brave woman to take on TWO puppies. I am going to keep on saying "NEVER" here at my house

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo thrilled. God is good.

    I am confused that they left cancer in him and said to go away - but I trust what the doctors say. I don't mean to be a downer - just a questioner.

    And two dogs!!!!!!!!!!!! Phew that is wonderful too.

    You two are crazy in love.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome news - what a great way to start your week!! And 2 precious pups. It must feel good to smile again. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you are sitting there saying, ph that weirdo, that Anne is a nut case! Well....technically, I suppose it is true but you will not believe this! I am a card person, you know that, but when I had Tom's card, half signed by the bunch of looneys I live with, HaHaHa, I set it down! Long story short, I love those puppies and I am silly but I felt the same way about Boots as you feel about your sweet Caraleigh. In a weak moment we got this kitten! Oh Lord help us! It is all I can say! LOL! But I am sure he flipped Tom's card off my desk and into a temporary black hole. If you don't believe me, when the card arrives just look at the envelope. I am sure he was nibbling on it! LOL! ANyway I think these girlie girls will be a blessing for the both of us and I know what kind of work they are! But sometime we have to take that leap of faith. I never forget my boy Boots or my precious pup Casey I lost in 1991, he was let out of the yard never to be seen again. Being the handsome fellow he was, he had been newly groomed and I prayed someone good took him in. I never forgot him and one day, if y budget ever allows it, I will get another boy like Casey. He was a cockapoo. Oh how I loved him.
    All the prayer being sent up for Tom will continue and he will keep on keeping on! Those girls need someone to help them learn good manners and such! God Bless you both so much! Love and Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your good news story and your "girls" are precious. May the Lord continue to heal your hubby and fill your home with much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Myra,
    I am your new follower, and I love your blog.
    Thank you for posting your heartfelt comments
    in my sites! We all love feedback...
    I pray for your dear family. Puppies give so much
    love in return. They are part of our family too.
    Your photos are lovely. I love dogs, cats, horses,
    animals, mother nature, wildlife, etc.
    God may always bless you, Myra, and loved ones.
    Greetings from Starry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know when I say never...Love, love, love the good news from the oncologist. Here's to lots of cupcake suppers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Myra, just stopping by to say my blog address has changed. I'm already having a few regrets, but I hope I don't lose touch with my blogging friends who may have trouble finding me now.

    The new address is href="http://dayleallenshockley.blogspot.com/"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to share your good news! Give hubby a hug from frozen Canada:) The dogs look like toys -so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!