Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12!


I'd be hard-pressed to identify a happier day than 
December 12, 1969 
when I woke to hear, "You've a beautiful boy!"
(Yesssss!)

The days flew so quickly ... 
1st birthdays are very important, don't-cha know!


1978.
I think this was the year Troy became lost at the Galleria ....
Scary!


Celebrating #18 with Grandma.
Every year my mom gifted Troy a can of cashews ...
and I've kept the tradition alive in her memory.
("Nuts from Heaven", if you will.)


Where did the time go?
These days, my son's a loving Family Man and small-business owner who calls Alabama "home."

  
Recently, when I posed the question, 
Would he like his childhood photo albums?, Troy quipped:

 "That would be great ... 
the girls need to know their dad wasn't always old and mean."  
:)

Happy Birthday, son!!!

I hope you don’t mind, I hope you don’t mind, what I’ve put down in words ...
How wonderful life is, while you’re in the world!


8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your wonderful son - I know he's a good guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your son! Fine looking young man he is! I bet he will enjoy sharing his photos of his youth with his family! Hope he has a great day!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. That baby boy of yours was a real cutie and is now a handsome man. What a nice tribute on your son's birthday. Chciken fingers, chicken balls...all chicken parts, you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a memorable birthday! Happiness always, Troy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry I missed this on the 12th, but glad I happened upon it today! I know what you mean about those years flying by....and all of a sudden are darling baby boys are grown men. My oldest son turned 40 this year and that sure doesn't seem possible! He's enjoying looking through tons of old photos and scanning them into his computer. I think that's nice that he cares about them...like your son does! Happy Belated to him...and I'm like Chatty (above comment) He HAS to be a great guy with YOU as his mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday to Troy. Loved seeing the photos through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post. Just now getting around to it. Happy birthday (belated) to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw...such a sweet post! I am December 3rd. My oldest daughter and her hubby December 13th! We should all have a party! My how the time flies but you raised up an excellent son! Love the photo gallery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!