Sunday, October 28, 2012

What's your name little girl?



Gooooood morning friends!

I could resist sharing a recent image of our youngest g'daughter enjoying the State Fair.
At 19 months, "no-fear Audrey" is pretty amazing.   Ya, ya -- I'm prejudiced, but have never known a child who best defines the term, "enthusiastic"!   (Which reminds me of her learning to escape via the doggy-door at 6 months..... but that's a whole 'nother tale best saved.)

Both she and her big brother can't wait for their new little sister to arrive .... any day now!

Almost 2 years ago when our DIL was expecting, there came the usual chatter:  How will Mitchell react to the competition?
Never mind.   As it turned out, she wasn't a mere sister.   Audrey was HIS baby.
 ... and so it goes.


"I've got this handled."

For fear of humiliation, I probably couldn't admit this to my co-workers.  BUT, I love baby showers  .... especially those corny games!    Yesterday afternoon, the elders n' I sat there stuffing our faces with all sorts of yummy confections, giggling at our feeble (at best) game-playing efforts.

Privately, I was disappointed we weren't asked to play "name the baby."  Being a veteran of several baby showers just this year, I'd done my homework:

Drum-roll .....
Caroline, or Emelie, or Valerie, or Natalie, or Shea  

Yes, once upon a time, I expected I'd have lots and LOTS of daughters.   Their names changed as frequently as my shoe size, but those 5 have endured.

Couldn't help cracking up at this image from DIL's FB page last evening.   Soon after I'd left, the children discovered the unattended chocolate fountain.


Yikes, those hands!
Mitch reportedly told his sister, "Audrey, I'll lick you."  


The jury-of-two are still out on a given name.   Mom and Dad won't make that decision until they meet her.    
Now I've shared my suggestions .... would you like to add yours?

While we go about our new day and new week, please join me in holding all those in the path of Hurricane Sandy in your prayers.


8 comments:

  1. Who could resist a chocolate fountain? Looks heavenly! I'm with you about baby showers! I like the corny games indeed! I also like your choices of names. I think it is also wise to look at the baby and then decide the name for her; how exciting to have another wee one being born into your family so very soon! Audrey and Mitch look so very adorable!!

    I liked Jennifer, Sarah, Renee for girl names, but never told anyone what we would name a daughter if we had one because I didn't want anyone to "steal" the name so to speak. A favorite of mine, and what we named our daughter, was Claire :)

    enjoy Sunday!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - first of all congrats. Second Betty is right who can resist the chocolate fountain.

    I like Alexis Rose. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh...I love a chocolate fountain! The grands are darling! I sure love the phamily pictures! Thanks for the encouragement! I hope your week is wonderful too! It is hard to get along in this world today! So many negatives! Good to see you here! Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What darlings Myra. Dying to he the doggy door story. Melt your heart don't they ... the best part of living is the gift God gives us with gran's.
    TTFN
    Hugs
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chocolate picture is priceless, as is the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that little girl is so squishable....and love those little chocolatey hands...her brother....also a cutie. Kids are a definite gift....

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are BOTH adorable!

    I can't wait until I am waiting on a grandchild.

    As for names, I just love the name Grace. I also love Caroline and Emma.

    My girls are Mary and Laura, but not everybody wants to be out on the prairie. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!