Friday, March 16, 2012

March madness!

.
Hullo again! :)
I've been enjoying a busy, busy few weeks!  
....Won't you indulge me? 
(Thanks!)

Not counting DH's 70th!!! birthday (wheeeee!), our family's celebrations have included 2 lovely daughters-in-law, SIL (live for 2 weeks from Florida!)   ..... and two precious grands!

Boys and their toys!

'Twas a seldom-seen (but warm n' wonderful!) gathering of family and extended family.

<><><><>
Audrey's Happy 1st!
The "energizer bunny" hadn't napped all day and was ready to drop!


Miss Sarah's Happy 18th in 'Bama!
(Yikes, I recall telling people her age in number of weeks, not years!)



Moving right along! ....
Aren't they deLIGHTful?

What a welcomed break, to finally meet one of my favorite bloggers last Saturday!!!   Here's Carol (Buttercup Counts her Blessings) and her sweet friend Lonnie.
Yes, I was a bit nervous .... skeered we wouldn't have anything to talk about.  But in truth, it was crazy WONDER-ful ... I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

Would you look at this bit of sweet nostalgia Carol brought along ...  I love it!

* * *
Coming the loooong way around to the present ....

There are those of us who've quit counting birthdays
 .....and those who won't let us forget!

My co-worker, Diana, is one of THE kindest individuals on Planet Earth ... but one never knows when her wicked sense of humor will kick in!   You see, she knows of my absurd fascination with a certain porcine!

  
    
So look what greeted me Monday morning ....
Tuesday's contributions were a blue-theme.

While RED and PURPLE windmills adorned every available surface on Wednesday!

...building to yesterday's climax ....
Max, eat your heart out!  LOL!


So, weekday "normal" means lunch spent working at our desks.   But yesterday my GM suprised us by suggesting we stroll next door to enjoy some fresh air at South Mountain's "The Farm."   (Nooo, "Bachelor" fans ...Courtney and Ben were no-where in sight.)



Ya, I'm feeling totally, ridiculously spoiled.  ('n more than a little bushed.)
So, today's a "mental-health" PTO, and DH has promised a shopping trip tomorrow.

Eat your spinach, children .... this "getting olden" business isn't for amateurs!




'

11 comments:

  1. I'm 29 if you flip me over! Chuckle!! There is no such thing as age ... my you look good.

    Glad you are having one grand time with family & friends, Myra.

    Have a beautiful eve ~
    Happy St. Paddy's Day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... & a happy birthday, sweetie!

    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have missed it for the world, either. Lonnie and I had the best time. So glad we could be part of the March Madness. Happy birthday and lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that your met up with Buttercup!! What a week you've had young lady!! Thanks for sharing, and so glad you're enjoying another birthday! Keep on rolling little Miss Crispy!!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to catch up with you. Happy Birthday to DH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday and I'm stopping by to say hello and wishing you a happy St. Pat's day! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad they spoiled you on your birthday. Wow, you have been busy. Sounds like so much fun. Love and blessings to you and wishing you a wonderful year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post - I have always wanted to meet some of my blogging buddies as well, and hopefully, it will happen one day!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Happy EVERYTHING! You had so much to celebrate that you were definitely doing the Weeeeeeeee! Weeeeeeeeee! thing. I happen to have a fascination with the same porcine. According to the family, "That's Mom."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Crispy Lady....(love the cat cartoon) thank you for sharing pieces of your world. Love scrowling and smiling through them. That little baby with the cupcake - adorable. Sending you a ton of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds terrific - what a joy to have great co-workers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!