Sunday, February 26, 2012

Come fly with me?

.
Wow! 
The futuristic concept for travel in 40 years' time was recently unveiled in London by Airbus - and should terrify those who already have a fear of flying.  (That would be me ...)


Airbus engineering executive VP Charles Champion said: "Our research shows that passengers of 2050 will expect a seamless travel experience while also caring for the environment."

Window on the world: Gone are the small aircraft windows in the 'vitalizing zone' which provides a panoramic view for passengers.


Passengers will be able to see everything to the sides and in front of them.  (Blindfolds might be handy come takeoff and landing time!)

In the cabin concept, the 'vitalizing zone' helps passengers relax, with vitamin and antioxidant-enriched air, mood lighting, aromatherapy and acupressure treatments.

The aircraft's walls change according to light conditions. There holographic pop-up gaming displays and in-flight entertainment by the heat of passengers' bodies. The technology could mean travellers might even be able to read bedtime stories to their children back home!

Starry, starry night!

The cabin wall membrane controls air temperature and can become transparent to give passengers views throughout the day and night.

Airbus believes that mid-century passengers might be able to enjoy a game of virtual golf or take part in interactive conferences, while the cabin 'identifies and responds' to travellers' needs.



Anyone seen my ball?

Passengers will be able to play virtual golf in the interaction zone on the plane. In the 'interactive zone' there are virtual pop-up projections taking passengers to whichever social scene they want to be in, from holographic gaming to virtual changing rooms for active shoppers.

All the same, I'm thinking, "noooo way" ... perhaps it's a good thing I won't be around to have to decide!  LOL!

7 comments:

  1. Sign me up! Sounds interesting, but I don't think I'll be on too many flights mid-century. However, next week at this time I will be in Arizona! So looking forward to my trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good gravy, NO. I'm with you in actually being glad that no one will try to coerce me to get on that thing. In the few times that I have actually flown, I have gladly given up the window seat. I don't even like looking out of it.

    I am terrified of flying. I only do so when necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm VERY content with air travel as we know it now, ty.
    Sorry I haven't been back with you, just starting to feel like a human again, Mevely.

    Have a wonderful eve ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Myra Sweetie...
    Oh my goodness, I cannot even imagine seeing like this. I like my airplane ride as they are now. I am not sure I want to see everything in between. Scary hu?

    When all your company has gone home, and it is just back to you and DH, be sure and email or call me and we will get together for a little fun. Can't wait to see you again. It has been to long. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the 'vitalizing zone' and can imagine breathing all that good air. In these days, the people around me seem to zone out with a few drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..this looks very cool and futuristic. I hate flying though.....I always feel like I have to really pray hard before boarding a plane. HOpe you have a great thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, when they say "whatta trip,man..." it'll have a whole new meaning!!! Like the idea of the cool lighting...vitalizing indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!