Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy New Year!



Darn, but I've grown rusty!  
It's high time to get back to the business of daily living, minus the tinsel and toy horns. 
  
Our holidays sped by without any major hiccups ... but there's this annoying little "Director" who lingers in my ear demanding, "Take 2!"  (Isn't it a pity, Life doesn't come with a "rewind" button?)

Years ago, the organization where I worked would conduct a "post-mortem" following any major event ... its purpose, I suppose, to ferret out those "should-ve's and could-ve's" while they were fresh in our minds.

While it's important to learn from the "uh-oh's", I'm determined not to waste time in missed opportunities ... and instead, remember the laughter.

Won't you humor me a few visual recollections?




It's been 20+ years, but I was finally able to hug my "little boy" in person on his 42nd birthday!










Through that Miracle-called-Facebook, DH was able to reconnect and spend a fun afternoon with a fellow member of his high school's Class of '58 ... who'd improbably relocated from Chicago to the backwoods (literally!) of Alabama ... not an hour's drive from my son's house!
What a hoot, when "B" confessed to having had a big crush on DH all those years ago!   (Isn't she cute!?)



So sad! This year, #1 grand wanted FLOOR MATS for "Tina", her prized truck. (Shhh! Can you say, "boring"?)
Lucky, Chloe still suffers from Bieber fever.
Hey, I don't get it, but a book store's lots more fun than the automotive aisle!

Finally .... what was, perhaps, my FAVORITE gift!  
Out-of-the-blue, our GSM appeared a few days before Christmas bearing beautifully-decorated gifts for the staff.    Before I could stammer apologies for not having anything to gift in return ... there came laughter.  Then, these curious "whups, whizzing" sounds close by my head.

My Accounting Mgr. calls it, "anger management." 

Must confess, I considered mounting an ambush on our armored car courier, before learning he's a former Marine who still carries a REAL firearm.

Striking a Charlies Angels pose.  (Ya, I'm the "confused angel.")


I think that's it!   But, please pardon me one more "Happy New Year"?  
After all, any moment CAN be the beginning of a sweet something-or-another, if I'll just sit back and keep my doggone fingers out-a the pie!

Talk soon!

  

4 comments:

  1. You are a hoot, Myra! Love the memories & pictures ...
    Now that our year got off to a whopper of a BANG , it hopefully will be a smooth ride thru the rest of the year.

    Have a lovely week, my friend
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had some busy goings on there girl. And what - your a Charlie Angel Girl with a gun? You are one wild woman! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you back to posting and thanks for the vote. I confessed a crush at our reunion this summer. Somehow 40+ years later it's easy to do. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Wooohooo and Happy New Year! I was happy to see an update from you. It sounds like your holiday was wonderful, and I would have loved to see the battle staring Charlie's Angels and company. That's really fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!