Saturday, November 12, 2011

Have you ever been driving down an ordinary road, minding your own business .... and some long-forgotten lyric just pops into your head?

So somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must have done something good

Today?  Wait a sec while I look for my "happy" crayon.  

Many of you may already know Sherry.   (If'n you don't, better hustle over to Country Wings!) 


We'd had occassion to meet, oh a LONG time ago, but never made time 'til today for a good old-fashioned, "gab n' grub."    And what fun it was!    

Haven't we all been in a position (sometimes more than we'd like) of having to put on masks just to get by .... get through?     Well, there was no room for that sort of nonsense ...or posturing.    To borrow a line, I felt "touched by an angel."

Would you just look at this precious notebook she created for me?    I was like, totally blown away!!!


I'm crazy for "olden" stuff, particularly vintage keys.   Doesn't this sweet face just beg for a caption?
What means the most, of course, is realizing it was crafted with such caring!
  
So yeah.  There are no accidental encounters.  Somewhere in my youth (or childhood), I must've done something good. 

(Thanking Sherry for the photo credits while my camera's still on the disabled list!  

And thanking whoever invented CHEESECAKE.   Heaven!!!)     





9 comments:

  1. What a great day you had! I've just stopped at Sherry's blog and I so wish I could have been there, too. Arizona, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Myra! I was just at Sherry's blog and I thought I'd say hi :) You have the same name as my sister :)
    I am from Arizona too!

    All the blessings
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super place to have a lunch! So glad to read that you and Sherry connected again and had such a great time. Love your photo album.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friends are such an important part of our lives. They add another dimension that family can't. Lucky you for having Sherry. And now you have an album to preserve those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how you wrote this and that last line....hmmm from my favorite movie. I saw it nine times. So glad the you and Sherry got to spend some great moments together. Have a super week.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you - lovely gift - and while I have never met her personally - she seems like a great gal as well as you! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful, and I would love something like that. I sounds like the giver is beautiful too.

    I love that song, and it's one that has popped into my head spontaneously too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Myra Sweetie...
    Oh what cherished memories we had that day. It was just wonderful. I loved sitting and visiting with you and sharing away the lunch. I can't wait to get back together before Christmas. You are a treasured jewel sweet friend. Treasured.

    I am so thrilled that you loved your little book of love. I treasure mine as well, and smile when I read a page each day, knowing what love it was given in.

    One day when Marydon comes to town, we will all get together again. She can't wait to meet you.

    Many hugs and SO much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!