Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tricked ...

.
Tonight I'm remembering a tumultuous evening years past ....
when mother discovered the wadded-up, empty "candy" wrappers my best pal and I'd forgotten to destroy:
Most details escape me.   Most, that is, except mother's face as she hung up the telephone; her words:  "Doctor said to start you drinking raw eggs.   Right now."    Aaaaargh!!!!

Fast-forward another decade, when I accidentally-on-purpose OD'd on Cherry Milkshakes.   (45 years later that word, "cherry", still makes me shudder!)

So, why is my crazy consciousness going there?   

It's a lovely evening in the desert.  I'm wearing my comfy "glad-rags" ... there's a pretty wine glass beside me.   UNFORTUNATELY, the glass contains

Cherry-flavored, no less.

Yup.  
Until a few months ago, I was known as the gal with a cast-iron stomach.  Then ... finally, I scared myself silly while checking symptoms online.  (Ya, I'm dumb that way.)  

Amazed.  I'm totally puzzled how intelligent men (and women) ... who put other men on the moon, can't develop something less VILE than TryLyte.

While I'm not so worried about tomorrow (right now, that is) .... I'd certainly appreciate your prayers and/or good wishes.  

Happpppppppppppy Halloween!

(ca. 1953)
I was supposed to be "Little Red Riding Hood" --
Almost makes you feel sad for the big-bad wolf!



12 comments:

  1. I can relate to the checking symptoms online. When will I learn? I do it too.

    Tomorrow is now today.
    Therefore, you will have my prayers. I haven't done my morning prayers yet. I usually do them before peeking on the computer.

    Apparently, God wanted me to see this first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Sweetie...
    You will be in my prayers today. This test does not sound like a fun one. Please keep me posted.

    I love the photo of you in costume. How precious is that. Do you know my folks do not have one single photo of me in any costume, ever? Darn. I love the old black and white photos too, and we have so many others, none in costume though.

    Thank you for sharing sweetie. Hopefully tonight, you will be more relaxed and everything will be over. Stop looking things up on line okay? You would be surprised at the symptoms you suddenly possess.

    Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me, prayers are lifting for you ... I've been thru this too many times to count. Tomrrow wil be a bright happy resulting day.

    Your costume is cute as a button ... ahhhhh memories!

    BOO-T-ful Halloween wishes
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myra, I'm praying for supernatural healing for you!

    Love you,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH HONEY - I FEEL FOR YOU - IT IS AWFUL - but the good news is the test is great.

    Hope the test came out clean!

    Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless you. I'm just now reading this, so my prayers are a little late in coming. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been there, done that. Love Jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment here.

    Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog too.

    Thanks for share,
    * Rio Prasetyo *

    ReplyDelete
  9. Checking back for an update. I hope you are OK...

    ReplyDelete
  10. how did it go? Are you okay? And I'm with you about doing dumb things like checking symptoms online. I even thought I had a brain tumor and I scared my doc so much she had me take a ct scan. Nothing. Praying for you to be a ok.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One thing I have learned is not to google health conditions. I've pretty much stopped doing it as I realize I am a very poor diagnostician from what I learn on-line. I'm with you on the prep. I've done at least five times in the last ten years -- including this summer before surgery -- and it's just about my least favorite thing. Prayers for your good health.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dropped by to visit. Your friend Country Wings in Phoenix says nice things about you. Come by and visit me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!