Saturday, October 22, 2011

Anticipation!

.
Anticipation. What an amazing thing that does to our bodies and mind!

Despite the calendar, I wasn’t so sure Fall would ever arrive. Then, a few weeks back …worn down by a long, sad stretch of hot weather, we were granted a reprieve. (Never mind that we bounced right back to 100 degrees a few days later…… I’m a believer!)


Being a confirmed “seasonal” eater, I marked by occasion by purchasing 2011’s first container of THIS.
A simple pleasure, yes … years later, I’m still paying homage to International Café’s heartwarming commercials.


Like so many others, I’m crazy for all-things Autumn -- the colors, the aromas -- even the GEE-normous mums we used to wear at football games.
(Do they even exist, anymore?)

While it’s not possible to wiggle my nose and transport to New England …. I’m going out this afternoon to purchase a big-ole pot of yellow mums and drop the a/c a few degrees. (shhhh!)

Magic moments, red-letter days. Here are a few of mine:
Pumpkin spice latte …. thick, beef-and fat-carrot stew ….. stop-top simmered Dr. Pepper w/ lemon …. even preparing DH’s favorite super-cheddar meatloaf.

Have you any seasonal, red-letter rituals?

PS: Mr. Weatherman has promised us 80-degree highs before too long. Yes, it’s all about perspective – but won’t you pardon me a “Woot!!!”  Here in the Valley of the Sun, it’s practically time to roll out the cozy hoodie and just ……breathe!

8 comments:

  1. I so remember this flavor and may just have to run out and pick up a can of it from the grocer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memories ... ahhhhh! they last forever, thru changing times!! I so remember the mums. Love each season for its beauty & changes.

    TY Mevely ... the children are so fun to visit & see their history/treasures. The one that blows ones mind tho is that rosary that literally smells like roses. Unreal. They are all so proud to tell their stories.

    Have a beautiful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love autumn, but my favorite moment is when I realize spring has arrived and the winter is over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great post. And to think it's hot where you are. Here it's total Fall...colourful leaves everywhere...a chill in the air.....and the anticipation of one great awesome year ahead. Enjoy that feel of Autumn. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the walk down memory lane. Yep, mums at football games and Cafe Vienna. Forgot about those good things and all you listed. I can only add Pumpkin Pie Blizzard at DQ during October!

    Love you, girlfriend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that cafe Vienna good? I think for me it is pumpkin any thing - especially pie.

    Have a good one - still working on my comments mailed. :(

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mevely Sweetie...
    What a gorgeous share this morning. I had forgotten about homecoming and those big old mums we wore that had a BIG blue "P" for the Plainsmen, where I attended high school. What a fun time that was. The air was crisp and the leaves were crunching as we walked into the dance. A beautiful memory you gave me today.

    Yes, I love a BIG pot of home made chili with fresh cornbread, when it cools down, if EVER here. It has been quite a hot year. I love a good old cup of hot chocolate as well. Tasty.

    Thank you sweetie for sharing today. You have warmed my heart and made it smile. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe that I nearly missed this one. I loved the part about the big old mums and do remember football mums quite well.

    I definitely have some seasonal rituals. I have to change out all the plug ins at my house to an apple smelling one to usher in the season. I also MUST drink apple cider. Hot or cold, it doesn't matter. I just want my autumn cider.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!