Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Anniversary Gift

.
At first he was amused. These days, when I pause to gaze lovingly at some kitchen gizmo, DH’s likely to sigh.

A paradox, really. I’m besotted by anything “culinary” … but can’t don’t cook!
“And why do you want that?”
“I don’t know .. it looks neat.”

…. and so it goes – each of us knowing I’m not inclined to suddenly become pals with the stovetop.

You see, lots of years ago I toured a spec “waterfall” house, featuring this whiz-bang, all-black kitchen. (A peculiarity in those days of harvest gold and avocado appliances!)     Love at first sight!

So, I’ve finally my very own black-clad room.
Admittedly, it’s a sturdy, no-frills kind – which matters little to the Chef-in-Charge. DH delights in cooking in practically any environment! (And I delight in eating – how cool is that?!)

Still. Like an otherwise harmless splinter, I’ve considered our utilitarian faucet “annoying.” Since it’s perfectly OK, we resisted spending the $$$ to upgrade. “If it ain’t broke ….”

Imagine my delight when we recently discovered a PUDDLE under the sink. A handyman-by-trade, DH soon declared the entire mechanism D.O.A. 

“Right over there …that’s it!”
Not 30 seconds in front of Lowes' display, my mind’s made up.



No, it’s not long and cylindrical ..... but neither am I.

Impromptu and born of necessity, yes.    But I LOVE my “happy anniversary” faucet!

11 comments:

  1. Ha!! loved that you got your faucet!!! Happy Anniversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all happy anniversary to you both.

    Secondly I am like you - I can decide in a minute what I want and be happy.

    Not so hubby - he analyzes and anguishes over a decision - drives me NUTS! lol

    Love,
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too! I would love it in my kitchen, and I totally "get" your type of anniversary gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, yeah! Smart choice. Lovely, in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great anniversary gift! It is always nice to get what we want! Love iy, so sleek and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a situation I go thru occasionally! Happy Anniversary, sweetie ... no water fights!

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a situation I go thru occasionally! Happy Anniversary, sweetie ... no water fights!

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a situation I go thru occasionally! Happy Anniversary, sweetie ... no water fights!

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a situation I go thru occasionally! Happy Anniversary, sweetie ... no water fights!

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary! Good looking faucet! Nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  11. TYSM for your sweet note, Mevely, you are truly appreciated, my friend.

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!