Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Power of Ten

.
I had to smile when my boss shared her friend's story last week, and thought you might like it, too.  

Out of the mouth's of babes!


Years ago, when tucking her youngest son into bed, he looked up to say, "I love you, Momma."

"I love you, too, sweetie."

Then, "What's that, Momma?"

"What?"

"2?"

"No, no!  I mean "TOO" ... as in, 'I love you, also."

Uncomprehending, the boy was obviously miffed.  Turning away, he muttered,
"Well, I love you 10."

Ah!, She saw where this was going.   She asked, "10?".

His response ...
"That's as high as I can count. momma."


That little boy is now an adult, but his close-knit family is still overheard telling one another, "I love you 10."
..

.

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute - brought a tear to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic story! I'm sharing this with my daughters. They will grin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story. I love you 10 also. Thanks for the visit and the lovely comment. We are having record breaking heat here. Hope all is well with your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful. I'm going to start using it, 2!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!