Monday, April 11, 2011

Panda Therapy!
.
What’s that old saying, “If you want to hear God chuckle, tell him your future plans.”
If that’s true, I’ve provided the Almighty plenty of comic relief these last couple of weeks!

It’s been a Spring Fever circus both at work and home!
Just last night DH made the observation, “You’re singing commercials again.”

All the same, I’m bent on keeping my big toe in the game!
Some mind(less) musings ...

…After two years’ rationalizing (and lots of whining), I’m the proud new momma of a “grown-up” phone. No, I don’t need all the bells and whistles … truth be told, I probably just wanted to look cool. LOL!
But!!!  After 10 days, it’s anyone’s guess which of us is the Alpha. No, I’m definitely NOT smarter than a 5th grader!

…Methinks we’ve all been guilty of making unfounded generalizations about others at one time or another?
What a pleasant surprise to learn the Suit from Park Avenue (yes, that Park Avenue) was just as nice and down-to-earth as home-made dirt! (Well, maybe not the “dirt” part.)
And, no matter my role, anyone who takes a moment to stop and shake my hand … making honest-to-goodness eye contact, has me at “hello.”

…Am I the only one who feels rebuffed if I yield to another vehicle (or pedestrian) and they don’t nod …or smile ….or even make one of those little finger-waves in return. Ya, I’ve got to quit taking things so personally.

…and finally, I wanted to share a quote from my granddaughter’s FB page.  Don't-cha love it?
"Never say goodbye, because goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting." -Peter Pan

TTFN dear ones!
.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you - I want eye to eye contact. I like when people say thanks. I like to be simple and normal and sweet and expect it back.

    Now the normal part - maybe not so much, teehee, but yes to the others.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to sing commercials and I like your musings, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always nice to have a kindness noticed, and a simple wave when letting someone go first on the road, always warms me up inside. It's so dang simple to be decent and nice...why is it so hard for everyone to do and be that? We've hardened ourselves up so much....and new generations don't even try it seems, most of the time. ahhh well....
    A Jitterbug type phone would suit me just dandy as complications just don't fit my personality. Keep it simple stupid is my mantra....especially as I get older! (There's NO choice anyway!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!