Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Partridge in a Pear Tree

Really?!!!

One of my favorite authors, Sarah Ban Breathnach, had me laughing out loud this morning with her opening:
"I don't think many of our true loves are awaiting with bated breath for a partridge in a pear tree this year."

How did she know I'd be feeling overwhelmed .... near despair at not yet finding the Perfect-Whimsical-WOW! gifts I so long to present my loved ones?  

I'm intrigued by her challenge:  "Why don't you try to give them the Right Stuff?"

Certainly, it's a tall order .....
Still, I'd much rather focus on this mindset and give it a go! 

From Simple Abundance:

On the 1st day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
The gift of my Undivided Attention

On the 2nd day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Enthusiasm

On the 3rd day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Creative Energy

On the 4th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Simple Seasonal Pleasures

On the 5th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Tenderness

On the 6th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Good Cheer

On the 7th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Beauty

On the 8th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Communication

On the 9th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Surprise

On the 10th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Wonder

On the 11th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Peaceful Surroundings

On the 12th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Joy
_ _ _

Be ready for the gifts of God!

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I especially like the words at the bottom: Be ready for the gifts of God! I also like the piano music. I'm thinking about you often these days as I read something almost every day about "your" football team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is the best Christmas crossover song I've heard. Love this message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. We need to give each other those things that really matter. Our time, our love, our Saviour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great list....and good post. thanks Mevely....☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a lovely post and so true. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your "Twelve Days' list.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now there's a list of the best gifts one could receive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great gifts and the ones that I really would treasure. The gift of undivided attention really caught my eye. I need to be giving that much more often, especially at work. Hope you have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is very good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. I like this version of the song. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your list too - I wish we could all give those things - nice list. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the ultimate list that would thrill anyone! But...in truth, a somewhat difficult gift to give....very hard to to do all that sad to say.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas my precious friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!