Sunday, December 5, 2010

Gift Giving

Every day provides its own gifts - Ruth P. Freeman

We are guaranteed experiences that are absolutely right for us today.   We are progressing on schedule.

Today is full of special surprises, and we will be the recipient of the ones which are sent to help us grow.  We might not consider every experience a gift at this time, but hindsight offers the clarity lacking at the moment - just as it has done in many times before.

We are only offered part of our personal drama each day.  But we can trust our lives to have many scenes, many acts, points of climax, and a conclusion.  Each of us tells a story with our lives, one different from all other stories and yet necessary to the telling of many other stories.

We can trust the drama and give fully to our roles.

Every day is a gift exchange.  I give, and I will receive.

-- Excerpted from Daily Meditation for Women

8 comments:

  1. Thanks that you are part of my play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I personally need this reminder over and over. ....I thought of you many times yesterday. Three cheers for your team. I'm glad they won. I have no personal interest in this team but I wanted them to win for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I come here Melvely...you encourage me so much. ☺ thanks for this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post today reminded me of my favorite saying.Everyday is a gift that's why it's called the present.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cheerful word full of encouragement. But that's what I usually feel when I'm here with you! Bless your coming week, dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every day is a gifr exchange - because it is a 'present'. (In the present).

    sandie♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect way to express this. A message we all need to keep in our hearts. I will have to borrow this message for another use as well.


    Sending the best of the season to you and DH. Hope that all is well in Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!