Monday, November 22, 2010

Ordinary Blessings

.
So, Tony Bennett may have left his heart in San Francisco.  As for me, I think a goodly portion of my brain cells remain in Alabama!

Remember that old rhyme, "Can't think.  Mind's numb.  Inspiration won't come!"
Do you ever get to feeling that way?

Yuppers, last week DH and I descended on the tiny community of Pike Road for a long-anticipated visit with my son and his family.   You know, don't you -- it's never easy to adapt to another's household and not disturb their necessary rituals -- but I needn't have worried. I've the greatest DIL in the world!

Fall!!!  I'd quite forgotten what Fall looks like, but Mother Nature was on her best behavior.   Go ahead and laugh, but I was over the top at the opportunity to boot scoot 'round in my thick woolly socks.    And DH was so cute ... sitting for hours at a time on the back deck ... his book (and the clock) quite forgotten.  


Now, he'd probably deny having said so, but I actually heard him ask, "What would you think of living here?"  
(Yes, I had to put on my "Voice of Reason hat" and remind the dear what humidity feels like in the Deep South!) 





So yes, Thanksgivings still a few days away, but I sense my personal Thanksgiving's already been observed.



Whatever fills your heart, no matter the date  ... may it leave you feeling a little lost!

P.S. - I've a few more "snapshots" to share in the next few days ... maybe even a surprise thank-you.

4 comments:

  1. So glad that you had that time with family and in a desirable state to experience Autumn! Nothing better than sitting around the fire, outside, enjoying the company and outside air.
    You've made some memories on this trip!
    Blessings to all this Thanksgiving Mevely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your family with us. Autumn pics make me drool! Happy Thanksgiving, Myra. Your friendship is a wonderful blessing to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great time and there's no better time of thanks than spending time with those we love! Happy, happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm glad you had your Thanksgiving even if it was early. Who cares?

    I think you should move there nearer Atlanta! If you can take the heat you can take a little humidity! Right?

    Glad you had a great time.

    Sandie♥ HAPPY THANKSGIVING

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!