Thursday, August 12, 2010

Simple Pleasures

invites us to Stop! Look! Listen!  ... to slow down and pay closer attention to the simple things in life.

So at the end of the workday, when all's said and done ... my soul's ready to absorb the "warm fuzzies."   I think the best moments in life are, indeed, the simplest!



My definition of a perfect Saturday afternoon?
Blank agenda + good book + big comfy couch.   
My eyes are growing heavy, heavy, heavy ...........


I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger!

6 comments:

  1. I tell my kids I'd trade places with them in a heartbeat when I have to "force" them to take a nap! Sunday afternoons are my favorite time to catch one. A simple pleasure, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure bliss~naps are like a sinful treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love naps too. I take one every day that I am home even if it's just for 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naps ... perfect simple pleasure. Thanks for linking up today. It's a joy to meet you. Your profile is very intriguing. My husband and I spent some time in the Phoenix area in March. Lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right - that does look like pleasure!

    You can't get kids to take a nap even if they are tired.

    Now I want to take naps! And sometimes I do.

    Sorry I am so late on this - computer trouble.

    Love,
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kids and I just returned from 6 weeks in the States so we have major jet lag. I'm only getting 4 hours of sleep a nite and so naps are a must by about noon. Slept for 3 hours this afternoon. Always takes us weeks to get back on track. Best wishes for a wonderful weekend. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!