Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Simple Pleasures, continued


Remember when ....
You hit your stride right about midnight?  Naturally, one requires a serious dose of Comfort Food to keep on keepin' on!
    
So, I "borrowed" this shot of my 16-yo "grand" from her FB page.  She and her BFF were celebrating their last all-nighter before heading back to school.

Me?  I'm much too old to remember what midnight feels like - LOL! ...
but I sure haven't outgrown the urge for an occasional late-night binge.  (Did I just say, occasional?)     

More often than not, it's JIF extra-crunchy peanut butter ... served icy cold on a big soup spoon.  

What's your guilty pleasure?  

_______________

Please help yourself to more Simple Pleasures over at Dayle's place.
You'll be so glad to did!

11 comments:

  1. My guilty, but simple pleasure lately has been root beer floats! I can't seem to help myself! LOL!



    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spoon out peanut butter, too, but never tried it cold. Sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guilty pleasure is a handful of ice cold chocolate chips. I keep them in a small tub in the frig door and sneak in there several times a day.

    Great simple pleasure post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids would definitely go for the mashed potatoes. But I would opt for the peanut butter (all natural Jiffy of the creamy variety). Best wishes for a great day :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. ice cream...definitely ice cream....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, a food post! You're making me hungry this morning. It's been years since I indulged in a spoonful of peanut butter. I think I'll have to remedy that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have a favorite midnight snack.

    Basically, it'll be a leftover or whatever screams at me the loudest.

    I well remember the late night college days! For me, it was a pack of ramen noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I can't stay up till midnight I would really know what my guilty pleasure would be at that time of night, but any other time, probably a homebaked cookie, anything with chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love peanut butter on a spoon - Skippy. I never thought about eating it cold - it would last longer.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  10. My late night guilty pleasure is some fantastic chocolate...just chocolate....like Doves...or morning, or noon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yea...been know to indulge a dip or two of peanut butter. Glad to see there are so many of us doing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!