Saturday, August 7, 2010

No, I'm not particularly fond of surprises. Like the Scouts' motto cautions, “Be Prepared” …so I've journeyed.

DH regularly, gently chastises, “Why do you always jump to the 'worst case' scenario?”

Why? So I can be ready, with a Plan. Any other conclusion is like ….well, icing on the cake.   Looking back, (I rationalize) everything Awful that's ever happened to me occurred when I wasn't paying attention.

Ya, right. Can't you imagine God chuckling?

Still, I sense I'm not a lone ranger.   So today I'd like to share a meditation that speaks to my crazy impulse to wander about, cloaked in a parachute and bubblewrap ….

_______________________

Where are our minds right now? Are we focused fully? Or, are our minds wandering off to events scheduled for later today, or tomorrow perhaps? The simple truth is that this moment is all God has allowed right now. It's His design that we live fully each moment, as it comes. Therein lies the richness of our lies. Each moment contributes to the full pattern that's uniquely our own.

We must not miss the potential pleasure of any experience because our thoughts are elsewhere. We never know when a certain situation may be a door to our future. What we do know is that God often has to work hard getting our attention – perhaps allowing many stumbling blocks in order to get us back on target.

Being in tune with now, this moment, guarantees a direct line of communication to God. It also guarantees a full life. Our purpose becomes clear as we trust our steps to God's guidance. How terribly complicated we make life by living in the past, the present and the future all at once!

Let me tell thee, time is a very precious gift of God, so precious that it's only given to us moment by moment. - Amelia Barr.

14 comments:

  1. Great post. The theme of my messages in September is going to be: Pay Attention To God. I'm going to talk how God is in our lives, moment by moment. We need to pay attention. Thanks for posting today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there seems to be a theme about time being 'precious' and life uncertain. Good post...Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you think. This is a great teaching. Happy week ahead, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! I always enjoy reading your posts. You have reflection and great insight here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Our purpose becomes clear as we trust our steps to God's guidance. Love that line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great thoughts, and so true. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh ok, soooo have to confess ... I get lost in mind racing this, that & the other when I'm praying. To the point that I ask God to forgive me & to CLEAR MY MIND so I can focus on HIM! (I know it's that scum, Satan trying to divert me from the Lord.)

    LOVE your blog & look forward to following! Please stop by mine & relax for a spell & follow as well. I welcome any comments you care to share with everyone!

    In Christ ~ Merana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Living with God in the present, that is the secret.We miss so much otherwise.
    Great post….
    Sweet Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate to this. We need to stay alert and pay attention. Life will go so much smoother if we do.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a awesome post! I try so hard to be aware minute by minute for that reason alone, I don't want to miss an opportunity. I want to know when God is opening a door for me.
    Thank-you for this today,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. So true! When I think the past was sweeter or worry about the future, I miss the gift of the present. Living in this moment is the biggest challenge for me. Thanks for some great thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must tell you that it is a problem for me too.

    I try and know I need to live in the moment - but sometimes it is so hard for me.

    But all God does give us - is this very second.

    Hope you are enjoying your moments.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so true...we do complicate life by living in all three places at once...thank you for this nice reminder of living in the moment..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!