Saturday, July 24, 2010

Have I Told You Lately?

Yes, I'm often inclined to look for prayer sources apart from the traditional. 
While I realize (gulp!) that not everyone shares my passion for Rod Stewart .... when I heard his rendition of Van Morrison's ballad, I was struck --  this isn't a love song to a woman; the writer is expressing his love for God!


Have I told you lately that I love you;

Have I told you there's no one above you;

You fill my heart with gladness,

Take away my sadness,

Ease my troubles, that's what you do!


Oh, the morning sun in all its glory

Greets the day with hope and comfort too.

And you fill my life with laughter,

You can make it better

Ease my troubles that's what you do.





There's a love that's divine
and it's yours and it's mine -- like the sun.
And at the end of the day, we should give thanks and pray........



Wishing everyone and safe and joy-filled new week!

  

12 comments:

  1. Rod Stewart - oh how I remember him - he's gotten old too! lol

    Loved that song....

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how very sweet. We too stand with smiling faces for God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just what you mean. I can't think of it at the moment, but there's been a couple of songs over the years that I've felt the same way with. Maybe it's the never-aging Baby Boomers Generation in us? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I particulary love Rod's rendition of the song.
    His ballad cd is wonderful as well. I really like his mellow songs of late.
    These days, we'd be nuts NOT to pray!
    It changes things, it really does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't tell you how often I have sang that song (another version by country singer) to our Abba Father. Have I told you lately that I love you? Could I tell you once again somehow? Have I told you lately that I love you? Well, Jesus I'm telling you now...

    Blessings,
    Linda J

    ReplyDelete
  6. I smiled at the sign on the flowers....and God really does fill my day with laughter and joy and peace. Happy Sonday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this post. And about Rod--well, I have always met him with mixed emotions. LOL I love this song. The flower are beautiful. The sign makes me smile. Good Post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope my Mom reads this, she LOVEs Rod Stewart! Have a great day!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post,I loved the sign on the flowers.
    Sweet Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet post. Love the flower picture.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you kidding me????? I love Rod. Have all his cd's. You are I are sisters.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post. The flower picture is fantastic! I have never seen a sign like that before. Its great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!