Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spiritual Sundays

Disappointment.   Are any of us immune?   
Must confess, somehow I allowed a recent disappointment bury itself inside ... where (of course!) it reappears when least expected, in a most unflattering manner.

So, I re-discovered the following counsel in my "Daily Meditations" this morning.  I hope its message resonates to others, as well.  

Being in the "right place at the right time" is how we generally explain our good fortune or the good fortune of a friend.  But it's to our advantage to understand how we managed to be in the right place at just the right moment.

We have probably heard many times that God's timetable is not necessarily the same as our timetable.  That events will happen as scheduled to fit a picture bigger than the picture encompassed by our egos.  And frequently, our patience wears thin because we're not privy to God's timetable! 

But we can trust, todays and always, that doors open on time.  Opportunities are offered when we are ready for them.  Nary a moment passes that doesn't invite us to both give and receive a special message -- a particular lesson.

We are always in God's care, and every circumstance of our lives is helping to mold the individuals we are meant to be.

I will take a long look at where I am today and be grateful for my place.  It's right for me, now, and is preparing me for the adventure ahead.
   

9 comments:

  1. Positive,true words of wisdom. This is the only way to live. I especially like: "It's right for me, now, and is preparing me for the adventure ahead."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful insight, Myra. I have found this to be so true. As I look back on my life - all 73+ years of it, I am amazed how things have worked out for my good. Thank you for this reminder.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Myra. So true - we often don't want to wait upon the Lord and for His timetable, but His ways are always best.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! I ditto everything everyone else has said. Have a wonderful Spiritual Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great post! But it's to our advantage to understand how we managed to be in the right place at just the right moment. I liked that!!
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today my DH and I were out and about. This truck in front of us kind of veered off the road and my husband and I said to one another ~ "I think we need to go back and see if that gentleman is ok"....turns out his truck just died and he couldn't get it restarted. We helped push it out of oncoming traffic, stayed with him while he called AAA and took him to a store just ahead to wait until they came to get him. He was not able to walk very well, he was 75 yrs old but as he was getting into our truck he said this "I am so glad you all came to help me" to which I replied "I am so glad we were behind you" then he looked me square in the eye and said " The Good Lord knows where we are and when we need help and HE sent you all to help me" I just about cried ~ it was such a divine moment.... The Lord knew exactly what would happen on this day and I am honestly it truly is better to give than to receive!
    The LORD knows right where we are whether it is needing help bc of a truck breaking down, an encouraging word we need to hear, a hug that will bring us comfort and love from a family member or HOPE from HIS Word!

    YES HE will meet us right where we are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great words of wisdom! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful wise insights for us to ponder and hold close to our hearts. We are right where we are to be...God is working out the best plan for us...in His perfect time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful, thought provoking post. We are always in God's care. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!