Monday, March 1, 2010

Dear Abby

.... and Blog-ville: May I solicit your advice?

My precious granddaughter, Sarah, is about to turn Sweet 16. While we're not able to join her in Alabama, I'd sure like to commemorate the date with Something Special ...
some "thing" she might gaze upon 40 years from now and remark, "My
grandma gave this to me on my 16th birthday."

So, I'm thinking a double-link bracelet with one or two beginner charms ...
plenty of room for more, to symbolize her own journey.

Does this sound hopelessly old-fashioned?

It's been a loooong time since I was 16, so your thoughts and ideas are really welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me, but it's been longer since I was 16 than since you were. lol
    I think whatever you give her will be meaningful because you gave it to her.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 21 year-old granddaughter who owns a Pandora bracelet; that sounds like what you're thinking about. She received it several years ago from an aunt, and charms have been added. She loves her unique bracelet and wears it almost every day. I think you have a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!