Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Another day older!


Here I go again .... quoting, that is. (Leaving some to wonder when/if I'll ever share an original thought - LOL!)

So, today's my birthday ... yikes, is this middle-age!?!
I usually keep these occasions on the QT, but remembering what Sarah Ban Breathnach has to say about birthdays, I feel really compelled to share a few of her lines -- those which resonate on a personal level:

.....Many people who love you will try, but no-one can celebrate your birthday exactly the way you need for it to be observed. That’s because no-one knows the year you’ve just completed; no one else has lived it. What’s more, each year is different. Your 32nd and 48th birthdays won’t begin to resemble each other.

.....Birthdays are new beginnings, but they’re also moments of personal closure.

.....Every age brings with it 365 Real Life lessons
.

Since my work week doesn't include time for personal reflection, I'll be tickled to hear the "Unicorn" song (and weep) ... perhaps color my eggs a happy kelly green. We've postponed "supper out" 'til the weekend. (Yes Virginia, a pilgrimage to the Perfect Cheeseburger still exists!)

So, seatbelt fastened, I'm thinking this may be my most enJOY-able decade yet.... hopefully sprinkled with more compassion. It's all in the attitude, right?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mevely and Happy Happy Birthday. Thanks for visiting my blog today and I am also sorry for your loss of a sweet friend. I hope your day has been fun and special. I'll be back to visit again and I hope you will do the same. Eat some cake for me! )dieting, grrrrrrrr). XXMollye And yeppers, I turned 66 in January and it ain't half bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday. Hope it was all you could have ask for.

    I always feel sorry for those that have to share their birthday with someone else or a holiday. That happens a lot in my family. I share mine with one of my sisters who was born on my fifteenth birthday.

    And, holidays somehow seem to diminish birthdays as well.

    I will add your BD to my calendar so I will not forget it next year.

    Had not heard of Sarah Ban Breathnach before but I love the quotes you listed. I may use one of them for the invitations to the Old Salts party this summer.

    Hope all is well with you and DH. I will email the sage of the sick family member. He could certainly use some prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!