Saturday, January 2, 2010

When the Song of the Angels is Stilled

Whew! I hope everyone arrived on this side of the New Year unscathed and renewed!

I found this little poem touching ... and a sweet challenge!


When the Song of the Angels Is Stilled
Poem by Howard Thurman


When the song of the angels is stilled,
When the star in the sky is gone,
When the kings and the princes are home,
When the shepherds are back with their flocks,
The work of Christmas begins:
To find the lost,
To heal the broken,
To feed the hungry,
To release the prisoner,
To rebuild the nations,
To bring peace among brothers,
To make music in the heart.



...Let there be no moment without Christmas!






20 comments:

  1. What a wonderful poem. Thank you for sharing! Wishing you blessings in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem and so appropriate for this time of year. Thank you for sharing it.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a well needed poem for all of us.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely poem! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post! ......I'm pleased you have an interest in my last giveaway of the year. I should have known you had an interest in journalism. I like the things you write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this. It truly makes Christmas a daily event.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved that line..."to release the prisoners"...Amen...We are all prisoners of some sort...Thanks be to Jesus for the freedom He gives! God bless you and may all of His richest blessings unfold each day as this new year started.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meaningful words to ponder!
    xo...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is awesome and the cry of my heart. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for blessings me with this poem. I LOVED it. Blessings to you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful poem, Myra. Have a blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful simply beautiful, thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I do love that! BTW, I really enjoyed your about me page also. You area hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing this today.



    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely poem - thanks for sharing Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!