Saturday, January 30, 2010

Life's Book -


So, I was rummaging through my (pre-internet) collection of poems 'n promises a bit ago -- looking for something I felt called to share. Here's what surfaced.

What a pity, it's tag reads simply, "Author Unknown."


"No matter what else you are doing,
From cradle days through to the end,
You are writing your Life's secret story --
Each day sees another page penned.

Each month ends a thirty-page chapter,
Each year means the end of a part --
And never an act is misstated,
Or even one wish of the heart.

Each day when you wake, the book opens,
Revealing a page clean and white --
What thoughts and what words and what doings
Will cover its pages by night?

God leaves that to you -- you're the writer,
And never a word shall grow dim,
Till the day that you write the word, "Finished",
And give your Life's Book back to Him."


I hope you all enjoy a safe and joy-filled new week!

12 comments:

  1. That is so cool. I never thought of my life as a book before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem. How true. Every morning with each sunrise, God hands us another day to live for Him. How we hand it back to Him at the end of the day is most definitely how we wrote our life that day. I hope HE will always be pleased with the bent of my heart, even if my day is not excellent when handed back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very thought-provoking. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so neat. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVED this...thanks for sharing it. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent. This is my kind of poetry! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that. Thank you for sharing it with us today.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good thoughts are contained in that poem; thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think of my life as a psalm a lot. I love the book of Psalms. They start out with so much trouble and at the end, you see the Psalmist praising God. So....I might as well praise Him in my trial. We believers get the victory; God is good all the time. Don't you agree?

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!