Thursday, January 14, 2010

Eat whaaaaat?

What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten, on purpose? The yukkiest, perhaps?

My (latest) mistake wasn't very exotic... or smelly. But, at 'o-dark-thirty one morning, a peanut-butter and cottage cheese sandwich seemed like a good idea for that day's lunch. Don't get me wrong, I love peanut butter; I like cottage cheese. Just not together!

So, my youngest granddaughter's not caught the phone "bug" just yet. She has her own cellular, yes, but isn't all that interested. Those "some" times when Chloe feels up for a chat, I try to pose questions which require more than a "yes" or "no" response. A giggle's better yet!

Immediately, I go for the gold .... "You'll never guess what Grandma had for lunch yesterday?"
Silence.
Then, "That's nothing. Daddy had tuna fish and jelly."

Color me ....Trumped.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful imagination! I love peanut butter and I like cottage cheese. If I had ever thought of it, I might have tried putting them together. Now, thanks to you, I will file it under "don't go there". The tuna and jelly. . . well, I’m sitting here trying to think of a jelly I might be willing to pair with tuna. There might be one but , again, I lack the imagination to come up with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!