Thursday, January 28, 2010

Car-tunes!

Do you enjoy this time of year? You know, these days when old "Mister Sun" is early to bed; late to rise 'n shine.

Winter's always been my favorite season -- even now, sporting "olden" eyes which have difficulty adjusting to o-dark-thirty's road conditions. (Good thing, I keep to the back roads!)

No doubt, lots of the charm is feeling invisible. You see, I adore early mornings; I love to sing along with the radio.... loudly, off-key -- but happily!

Then, totally EMBARRASSED at being caught jiving by another motorist. (Hey, who hasn't been there, done that?!)

Yes, I probably care waaaay too much what other people think. It's a struggle. A ventriloquist, I'm NOT.

So, the other day, Danny Davis announced the 46th anniversary (gulp!) of a hit record. I don't know. Some recording by a covey of mop-headed British lads; Can't recall the name ...LOL!
Come those unmistakable first notes -- I'm so, a goner:
"I wanna hold your haaaaaand, I wanna hold your hand!"

I don't think anyone spotted me? Perhaps a satellite, somewhere up there. Oh well, I figure even "Big Brother" needs a chuckle now and then.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sweetie...
    Hi. I am laughing my head off, because the other morning I was singing away on my way in to work, and guess what, "I wannnnnna hold your haaaaaand, I wannnna hold your haaaand..... I feeeel haaaaapy inside.

    Yep, I listen to 94.5 on the radio and I was singing the same darn song. I loved it. I don't care what people think about this old gal singing. It's only me and God in my truck and he says it's okay to sing your heart out, so I do. It makes me happy.

    I'm so tickled you let me share my post with you and that you loved my hands as much as I did writing it.

    Have a beautiful Friday sweetie. Country hugs and much love...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that you have a box like mine...I was thrilled to find mine...for $10.00!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life should be filled with music and laughter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!