Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bloggy Luncheon + Surprises

Happy days are here again!
Can you believe, it’s November already?! Not a minute too soon, I’m head-over-teakettle with these cool autumn mornings!

So, last week I finally had an opportunity to "play hookey" from work and join several Arizona Bloggers (17 in fact!) for lunch at Gooseberries … a cute little tea room in north Phoenix.

To be honest, I’m more inclined to frequent spots featuring meaty slabs of ribs and fat burgers (think, grease running down your wrist) … all the same, it was a great time and I managed to mind my manners (LOL)!
Sensing my apprehension, Marty over at A Stroll Thru Life immediately made sure I was comfortable. For sure, she’s a wonderful example of Texas hospitality! I cherished the opportunity to meet Sherry ... the type of gal I wish were my sister -- had I been blessed with siblings, that is. ‘Twas loads of fun, putting live faces with their written words … the atmosphere was positively electric!


And look what followed me home!
This cute little dude was my exchange giveaway from CeeKay at Thinkin' of Home. His presentation so winsome, at first I didn’t want to disturb the wrappings.





Fast-forward a few days … then I spot a Missouri return address in our office mail. Do you know what THIS is?

Dang, I wasted no time, taking that sucker in hand and…. ooooooh, what a feeling! Call me a “redneck” if you will, some things are just better served with a helping of Common Sense.


Hubby was surprised and so quick to smile at his new Missouri Meerschaum pipe. (OK, it may not be “P.C.” to be a smoker these days … but one takes pleasure where they can.)

Thank you, Rita and Frank!!!!!


Color me, spoiled rotten ... and incredibly blessed by these friendships!

5 comments:

  1. It was fun meeting everyone at the luncheon--enjoyed your company--I was to your left. Love your blog title. I had never heard the Latin expression before, but now I plan to use it in some collage work I'm doing.
    Cheers,
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read that you liked our little expression of country friendship. Missouri Meerschaum is our towns oldest operating business and the nations only surviving manufacturer of corncob products.

    I wish I could have been a lurker at your luncheon. Some of my favorite blogs are written by ladies from the Phoenix area. I would have enjoyed meeting all of them.

    WE so enjoyed being able to visit with you during our recent travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Myra Sweetie!
    I just love your post. So cute. I feel the same way about you too. It was such a pleasure meeting you. We can never have to many friends.

    I also love that back scratcher. So useful. Isn't it wonderful to get things in the mail that are useful to us?

    I mailed your package off in the mail today. I believe it should be there by the first of the week. You never know with our mail system. I hope you love it as much as I loved making it for you.

    Stop by again soon. Many hugs and love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi....great post. What a wonderful time we had. Great back scratcher....mine is my hubs...while he grumbles!!!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanted you to know I am thinking of you today on December 6. You know who!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!