Monday, October 12, 2009

So what’s new?
.....Glad you asked!

While I’ve always supposed I’d get to meet fellow bloggers someday, never expected they’d hail all the way from Missouri!
Must confess, when learning of Rita and Frank’s “Last Hurrah” cross-country adventure, I had a notion to stick out my foot and trip ‘em, long enough to say “hi.” But no, they actually wandered my way on purpose …. wow! Can you say, de-LIGHT-full?… Don’t know when I’ve ever met folks who SO personify “the joy of living.” (Just a hunch, but I’d bet good money, these two could make a good time out of an IRS audit!) They certainly made my day … and, if you’ve not yet met Cash Jocky and The Old Salt, run… don’t walk, on over (http://cashjocky.blogspot.com)!

Crazy then, after such an emotional “high” that things could turn Ugly, so soon. I’ve a rule not to talk about work in public, but suffice to say, we’re not immune to the economy. As such, more changes are coming -- to include my own hours. Uncomfortable, scary … you bet-cha. Like that old saw goes, “When Life Gives you Lemons….”
While I’d prefer lobbing ‘em right back at Life, I’ll adjust. In fact, this might be a grand time to begin that work-out program I’ve been promising myself for the last two years!

Talk about scary! DH’s “innards” have been staging a revolt of sorts for the last week; Saturday night they mandated a run to the ER. In times of stress, I’ve been known to take a mental “vacation.” Being I couldn’t “do” anything useful, I preoccupied myself eavesdropping on our neighbors in triage … sad stories, even comical – how DO staffers keep it together?!
.....Belatedly wondering why we hadn’t availed ourselves of the complimentary face masks kept in the lobby. (Nothing says “paranoia” like being a naked-faced minority in flu season!)
Thank God, the labs and CAT-scan came back negative. Still, my SIL cautioned DH, “You’d better be nice to Myra; she might still turn you in under the Lemon Law!”

So OK, after a period of snit-turned-prayer, I’m thinking I’ve got my moxie back … ready to rumble. (Whatever the heck a granny-rumble looks like!)
Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Myra! How you do flatter us. Meeting you has certainly been the high light of our trip and one we will be talking about for years to come. From my observations, you need that exercise program about as much as I need more candy. Folks, I can attest to the fact that this is one very hot granny. I wish I had a few of her genes.

    So sorry to hear of your scary news. Hope DH is feeling better. We will be visiting the Cathedral of St. Francis in Santa Fe today and I will light a candle for you and your intentions.

    Heading home tomorrow and looking forward to posting more about our wonderful stay in phoenix.

    Rita aka Cashjocky from Cashjocky and the Old Salt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I'd love to meet my blogging pals.

    Hope things go well "medically" now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!