Saturday, October 24, 2009



Isn’t the Bible chock-full of the concept of minding our thoughts? (Certainly, that’s something I struggle with on a daily basis!)

Proverbs says, “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.” And all the way at the other end of scripture, Paul says, “What is good, whatever is noble, whatever is honorable (depending on your translation), think about those things."

Our Father knows what we ask before we ask it. To me, that means that I don’t get to show up at a certain place one day of the week and visit God. “The Kingdom of Heaven is in our midst”, as they say. So who am I trying to kid? It is time to really be truthful about what I want and what I feel, because that is what I’m going to get.

Charles Fillmore said, “There are no unmanifested thoughts.” Every single thought creates my life! The ones I say on Sunday when I’m happy, and the ones I say when I’m cut off in traffic! It’s a little bit scary, isn’t it? What an awesome responsibility!

So, how can we use this power in the right way … in the interest of love, to make more of what we want to have more of?

Take an inventory, then take out the garbage! Is there stuff going on we don’t want any more of?

It might mean forgiving. It might mean saying to some people in our lives, Thank you because you taught me. Maybe you taught me what not to do, but thank you all the same, and God bless you…. and I’m done.

It might also mean forgiving ourselves. Saying, you know what? Whatever I put myself through, whatever it took to get me to right now, I’m here now, and that’s all that matters ... so I’m done.

Where we are going, what we want to do and have happen, we have to travel light. The best example of this in Scripture that I know of is the story of Noah and the Ark. Life has a wonderful protection mechanism within it; sooner or another, we’ll get to the point of growth. So, if it hurts, if we feel “sooo done"... maybe that’s God’s way of asking, “Can you tread water?”

It is time for a cleansing, and what does God tell Noah? “Take two of every animal.” I interpret this to mean, take with you what you want to reproduce in your life. What thoughts and feelings do you want more of, and what are you ready to have washed away? What can we do differently, what can we say differently?

I love this quote .... “Hope is the feeling we have that the feeling we have is not permanent. (Mignon McLaughlin.)

I hope everyone is blessed with a hope-FULL new week!




28 comments:

  1. Hi Myra,
    Thank you for sharing and may you be blessed with a beautiful Sunday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly given us food for thought here today. I, for one, needed it. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post, Myra.
    Have a blessed, hopeful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good reminder..."Every thought makes up my life" Yes, we are what we think! Thanks for this post...
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmmm, very thoughtful post Myra....What do I want in my life to reproduce or want more of and what do I need to get rid of!! Thankyou!

    less of me and more of HIM!!

    love and blessings to you on this beautiful fall weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm reflecting...Great thought about your interpretation of "taking two animals"...Reproduce what? Nothing but the Lord's likeness in me...May God help me...have a great weekend and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what Paul says in Philippians 4:8-9 "...Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you." This gives me hope. Thank you for this splendid post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I have let some people in my life go...and it was what I needed to do...I changed a lot in my life and made it better. Thanks for this thoughtful post today.

    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am new here and I will be back. A wonderful post...m..

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much to digest here. I like the Fillmore quote about my thoughts becoming life. Sobering.
    Thank you, my good friend, for writing this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is encouraging to me thank-you.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not only our thoughts but our words. The words we speak are truly seeds, either for good or for bad, and will bring forth fruit. I sincerely try and plant the best seeds by speaking God's word as much as possible. Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Watching our thoughts and our words is quite a challenge but we certainly don't want to be like the Israelites who murmured against God in the wilderness. That is where we tend to miss it. In the wilderness. Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! so much thought here.Proverbs and Phillippians are two of my favorite books of the Bible. Philip.4;8 is a scripture that I committed to memory, I am challenged to watch my thought pattern daily. Thank you for sharing
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that Myra: wishing us a HOPEful week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I seem to need to be reminded of these truths daily! Thank you for the truth of God's promises.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think these thoughts daily as He reminds me of what truly matters, what makes a difference, where is my heart. You've shared this very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to forgive myself more...I Like how it was put here in your post...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing...I really liked your thoughts on forgiving...it brings hope.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was s really good post. It is so true. The verse in Philippians has always been my favorite. I love that when my mind is fixed on what is good, then His peace is mine. Doesn't get much better than this. Have a great week. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent post. Forgiving and thinking on things that are lovely...that's what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an inspiring post. I often find that forgiving my self is hardest of all.

    Hope to meet you on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful post, that so touched my heart. I feel so blessed for you to have shared this today. This is just what I needed. Thank you for sharing.

    I am so looking forward to meeting you at the AZ blogger luncheon on Friday. Can't wait. See ya there. Country hugs and love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello my sweet friend Myra!
    I so enjoyed visiting with you today at the luncheon. You are such a joy. What fun we had?
    I loved it. It was wonderful to get together with friends and share ideas, thoughts and friendships. I will be visiting you often.

    Please email me your address, as I would love to make and send you a domino necklace. I know you loved them, and I would be so honored to make one to fit your loving, wonderful, outgoing personality.

    I look forward to seeing you again soon. Much love and hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great Sunday post. I'm really late getting around to the S.S. posts this week.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!