Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness

I'd honestly forgotten the (dubious) significance of September 16 this morning. Walking in my office building shortly after 6, I held the door for a departing guest .....and was amused to see our Night Auditor grinning in my direction, holding up 7 fingers. What? In the time-honored tradition of some youth, I guessed she was giving me a signal he'd rated a "7" on her personal "hunkster" scale? (Yes, I turned around to take a second look!)

No, she was congratulating me on 7 years employment. Whoa, that's rather nice!

'Permitted myself a brief flash-back to that day ....when no-one knew exactly what to "do" with me. (I'd arrived 'midst budgets and my poor GM honestly didn't have a spare hour show me the ropes; hence, I spent the first four weeks assisting in H.R.)

Anyway, I wanted to show ya'all what our Front Desk crew had waiting for me on my desk.... a handmade tissue-paper and gold-foil greeting, signed all along the margins. In all honesty, that means the moon and stars!
Check the little magnet that reads, "Instant Human: Just add Coffee"! Do they know me or whaaat?

5 comments:

  1. That is the most creative idea! What a nice place to work when they celebrate the anniversary of your hiring. I've never heard of doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet that your coworkers acknowledged your anniversary. I've never had a job over 8 years. I'm unemployed right now as a matter of fact and hope to find a job in this rotten economy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! Love the "instant coffee" magnet...I need to get that for my husband! Congratulations on 7 years, but mostly for having such good and caring co-workers...that's a blessing!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad they honored you like that. What a nice company and great co-workers....but me thinks you are pretty special, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!