Saturday, August 8, 2009

You Can Make It!


It’s so good to be here on Sundays! There are positive stories that are fabulous to share; we get to interact with people who are using principals in an atmosphere where we know that we are loved. It’s true, “Love is the answer, to the difficulty.”

So, were to grade this last week, I’d give it a C. (What a shame, eh?) Nothing wrong, but nothing really right.... bleah. Then, within 24 hours I received two e-mails from friends in different parts of the country, each whose own week was capital D-ifficult. One wrote, “I don’t know if I can make it.”

I think everyone has “those” Moments. Sometimes they come up at 4:00 on any given Tuesday when we least expect them, when we wonder, “Am I going to make it?” Not just make it through a health challenge .. and that is immense. Not just through a troubling incident in a relationship …and that is heartache. Not just through a financial challenge .. and that can feel desperate .. But make it as a spiritual being, and come through, into our own. That sense of being OK with God and OK with ourselves.

I don’t know how we get through the things we get through. When I look back at my own life experience there were times I got through things that right now I don’t know how I did it.

Mary Kay Ash, who founded a tremendous empire, said, “If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can’t, you’re right.” It is a matter of personal decision, believing that. Don’t be discouraged if some people ~ even people who say they love you ~ say that you’re not going to make it, because they don’t know.

For some crazy reason, you begin to realize that you’re going to make it; you must make it. Maybe, the tension of getting through difficulties helped bring you to the point of realizing there’s got to be more. It is a decision point. It means that we have got to step out on faith when it may not look like we have anything to stand on.

I love the story of Peter, who steps out on the water, and for a few steps he’s going all right – then he looks down. He sees the storm and the waves and starts to sink. He cries out, “Help me, I’m sinking!”
Do you know what that’s like? I do.
We know that immediately, Jesus reached for his hand and pulled him up. Well, this is what I love. When I think I’m out of faith and out of ideas, out of time, out of possibilities and out of dreams that moment arrives when a hand reaches out for me. I hear, “You’re going to make it. In fact, you have made it. Let me guide you.”

How does it come to us? I don’t know. We have to remember that we’re not alone. I think that’s a big part of it.Like that senior spirit who says to the seaman climbing to crow’s nest for the very first time, “Don’t look down. You can make it.”
The whole Universe is pulling for us we when let it.

11 comments:

  1. I liked your reminder that Jesus reached out His hand immediately to help Peter when he was in trouble. Jesus is indeed the reason we Christians can make it. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is pulling for us; He loved us so much He sent His Son. Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I love this post! We have all had a bite out of that apple, haven't we? But God...! But God intervened, But God healed me, but God blessed me! Thank goodness for all the "but God" moments in our lives.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great reminder that with God all things are possible. Sometimes we are surprised to find out later that what we thought was a horrible terrible thing turned out to be a blessing. I have found that to be true in my life.
    Thank you for sharing with us today.
    Hugs & blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a God thing! That's the way we make it when everybody seems to think we can't. It's a God thing. We can't explain it. We accept it by faith. Thanks for posting. Have an A week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is inspiring, dear Myra. I'm one of those facing difficulty right now in a huge spiritual battle so hearing that I'm going to make it is wonderful. How can we lose with God; He is on our side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I needed to hear this today, too. I am worried greatly over another health issue, thinking the worst and hearing the story of Peter walking on the water to Jesus...taking his eyes off of Jesus was not a good choice! Same for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we often need to remember how great he is and that all can be done if we keep our eyes on him thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post! I love it the most when I know that his hand is there for me, sometimes I don't know but we need to know when his hand is all the time.
    Thank-you for such a great post.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, I need to remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy, does this post hit home. There have been times when I have commented that I could never handle a particular thing, then sure enough that same thing would happen to me. And, somehow I managed to get through it somehow. Actually, more times then I care to remember.

    Sorry, I'm a bit behind and playing catch up today. Started to comment on you post about being happy where you live and saw that hubby had beat me to it. New he would love that post. He is such a gypsy at heart.

    And to answer the post about time. When growing up we only had two clocks in the house. One in the kitchen and another on my Dad's night stand. They never matched and neither was ever right. But, apparently my folks new how to do the mental juggle for each one, because we were never late. In fact just the opposite.

    I guess with so many children in the house they had to adjust the clocks so there would have enough time to get everyone ready and where they needed to be on time.

    Great stuff found here. Love you blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!