Saturday, August 1, 2009

Spiritual Sundays

This week I’d like to share a favorite page from my “dog-eared” copy of Daily Meditations for Women. Not clear why the publishers found it necessary to write “for Women”, since I regard most of its content as universal.

For years now, I’ve had occasion to read these words, but return again ~ and again for a “booster shot." Like the great Zig Ziglar once said, “People say motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.”


Intuition is a spiritual faculty and does not explain, but simply points the way.
- Florence Scovel Shinn

Should we make this move? Should we change jobs? Should we talk to others about our feelings? We are seldom short on prayers when we’re filled with fear and indecision. We are, however, short on answers. Our worries block them out.

No prayer ever goes unanswered. Of this we can be certain. On the other hand, the answer may not be what we hoped for. In fact, we may not recognize it as the answer because we are expecting something quite different. It takes a willingness on our part to be free of our preconceptions – free to accept whatever answers are offered.

Our answer come unexpectedly – a chance meeting on the street, a passage in a book or newspaper, a nagging feeling within. God speaks to each of us throughout the day.
Our prayers are answered, our problems find solutions, our worries are erased, if we but attune ourselves to the messages. They are all around.

I will be attentive to all the signs from God today. Whatever answer I seek is finding its way to me.

14 comments:

  1. How true! I'm glad that every answers happen in His perfect time. He knows best so I need to remain trusting in the Lord! Thanks for the reminder! God bless and happy SS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo very true! Thankyou for sharing this....
    Lord give us ears to hear what the Spirit is saying! and all those other things you provide for us to know it is your will too :)

    blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and that is very true. Sometimes I don't have the patience to hear the answer. I pray for patience.

    God bless you Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so good. I'm glad you shared it with us today. It is so true that we don't always recognize when our prayers have been answered. It may take awhile to realize that even if we didn't get what we prayed for that God gave us something better. It may just be the peace of knowing that he's there and cares.
    Have a wonderful Spiritual Sunday.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. These words speak the truth. If only we could always understand that prayers are answered in some way each day. Thank you for your post today.

    Blessings, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a good thing to remind ourselves that God is in charge and that we can trust Him to handle our prayer concerns. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is surrender! Thanks for the reminder! Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so true. Thank you for reminding me of the many ways GOd speaks to me and that His ways are always best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a hard time finding the answers God give me. They always just happen, and that works for me.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing that devotional. I too glean the pages of my same old devotional year after year. These words are so important, because not only are they true, but they remind us that we are no alone in our struggles in our walk with the Lord.

    Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. I love the good words of encouragement in the other comments. I want to join with them in thanking you for this post. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome post! i agree with all of the other commenters. Thank you so much for sharing, I so enjoyed reading it. Blessings,
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reminds me of the guy sitting on the roof in a flood - ask God for help - sent a boater.This happened 2 more times. Finally the guy asks god why he didn't' help - he said, I did, you didn't accept it.(Totally paraphrased)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Myra,
    What an excellent post! Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry I'm late getting around to you; I've been away. Have a wonderful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!