Sunday, August 16, 2009

Spiritual Sundays

God has given us so many gifts! Because He loves us, he wants us to “be all that you can be.” (Yes, just like that old Army jingle!)

Borrowing a line from Kris Kristofferson’s ballad, “Why me, Lord”, there’s been many a time I’ve whispered, “Lord help me Jesus … I've wasted it.”

Perhaps that’s why God created so many spiritual messengers in our midst … ministers, counselors, coaches, teachers and even our friends who gently (and sometimes not so gently!) motivate us, encourage us -- to be all that we can be. I think Anthony Robbins is one of those messengers. While I’ve had the opportunity to attend one of his seminars, purchased the tapes, read the books, I never followed through …. I wasted it.

So! I’ve taped the following piece to the inside of my medicine cabinet ~ to reflect upon first thing each morning, in concert with prayer. It sure beats the CNN News!

Robbins states, “Our life experience is based on what we focus on. Remember, quality questions create a quality life!"


What am I happy about in my life right now?
What am I excited about in my life right now?
What am I proud about in my life right now?
What am I grateful for in my life right now?
What am I enjoying most about in my life right now?
What am I committed to in my life right now?
Who do I love? Who loves me?


Have a safe and happy new week everyone!

13 comments:

  1. I seldom listen to the news anymore. I realize that there is nothing I can do to control it, so why get all "bent out of shape."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post. Thanks for posting. My old record of "Why me, Lord?" had become so worn that I recorded it so it can be played off the computer. It "cleaned it up" so that it sounds better. But for some reason, I like to play the old record when I am working out in the garage. I do a "sing along" as I work....Unlike my dear friend, Sally, I do listen to the news everyday. The news is not good, but I don't like surprises. Thanks again for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I find there is only one answer that fits those questions..."knowing Jesus"...

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post*! I hope you are having a blessed Spiritual Sunday*! _Ashley*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try not to watch the news, but it has a way of catching my attention! I am so thankful that "God is still in charge" and I try always to remember that!

    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found a great way to start the day by pondering these questions. Good for you. I'm glad you shared this insight with us today.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea to post that so you can see it every morning. I may have to do the same.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't listen to the news much either but Hubby does. He keeps me informed. Most of what is going on in our world is so depressing that I prefer to listen to music. I am thankful however that God is in charge of it all! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a good post, bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ditto Sandi right down to the very last word.

    Hope you have a good week and thanks for stopping by. Love having you visit.

    We are finalizing plans to make a trip across country to visit the Grandkids and perhaps we will get to see more of your lovely state this time. Only stopped long enough to get married last trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great idea. A good visual reminder...I like the idea of calling calling those who share their insights with us as spiritual messengers. A beautiful thought.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Myra, Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I love that song, Why Me Lord? And I am also going to tape those (7) questions to my bathroom mirror and keep asking myself those same questions every day. We so appreciate any and all prayers for Amy. She is still in ICU Trauma and we have a long way to go, but God brought her back to us and she survived the surgery. There is a reason for everything, and our family does not question. God Bless You. Country Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!