Saturday, July 25, 2009

House Built on Love

Come Wednesday morning, I was already anxious what I might share today. Totally stymied, trying too hard -- when the answer lay within arm's reach!

Sue Kroupa Riley has written and recorded numerous Christian CD's. One (actually, the only one I own), All Is Right With My World is so uplifting. I'm reassured having it nearby.

I'd realized, the lyrics from "House Built on Love" totally describe my feelings about Spiritual Sundays.....about Charlotte 'n Ginger, about each of you!
For today's purposes, may I just refer to this excerpt as, "Site Built on Love"?

House Built on Love

This is a place of great power, we are all children of God.
We find great strength as a people of prayer;
This is a house built on love.

This is a place filled with peace; this is a sacred space.
We join our voices in glorious harmony;
This is a house built on love.

Put aside your heavy burdens; be at peace and enter in;
Hear the quiet voice of Spirit,
feel the steady strength of friends,
Feel as if you were on a journey,
and at long last you are home,
Where your memories surround you,
and you’ll never be alone.

This is a place of great power, we are all children of God.
We find great strength as a people of prayer;
This is a house built on love.

~Susan Kroupa


There is a genuine solace in the shared experiences of others.
~Lee Woodruff

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful words to this song. They are so true. Wouldn't it be lonely without fellowship with other children of God?
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glory to God for the special bond of unity we all share that comes from His love! Those are beautiful lyrics. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this beautiful song. And have a wonderful Spiritual Sunday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lyrics are beautiful.

    God bless you, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely lyrics! Spiritual Sunday is indeed a refuge and a gathering place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After moving to a new place, I find it comforting to worship with like believers. Happy SS day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful words. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh,so beautifully said! Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The words to this song are so perfect! Thank-you so much for this about Spirtual Sundays and everyone here.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have no idea how this ministers to me right now! Thank you for posting it. Can't wait until we meet in person one of these days. YOu are only about 100 miles away! It will happen, I'm sure. The luncheon on Thursday went so well and the AZ gals want to gather together again one of these days.

    Love ya,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always said I thank God for my Christian friends who have made such a tremendous difference in my life. I know I can call on them and they can rely on me whenever there is a problem and we need a shoulder to lean on. Thanks for your inspiring SS post.

    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!