Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Feelin' Hot, Hot, Hot!












Yes, it gets a “tidge warm” in these parts come summertime. … enough so that my car’s rear speakers up and cried “Uncle” last year.

Thinking they looked a bit odd, I touched one with a fingertip and poof – like ashes-to-ashes, the plastic just disintegrated!

When phoning the local dealership, we were met with skepticism. Why, the manager wondered, hadn’t we kept it parked under cover? (Sorry, but that’s not always possible!) To add insult to injury, we learned that simply changing the speaker covers wasn’t an option. The entire rear deck assembly would have to be replaced. $$$$$!!!

Now it takes a good while, but once Hubby’s really provoked, look out! Onwards to T*****’s District offices. After gathering all the facts, one sympathetic suit asked for 48 hours to research; he would get back to us with a satisfactory proposal.

Turned out, their idea of “satisfactory” was offering $500 off the cost of a new C****. Ummmm….. that would be a “No!”



So, my car will be paid off this year; the speaker control’s been set to “front” …. and in all honesty, I think these old table-lamp mats give it character! Don’t you think?

1 comment:

  1. We really did have a good time. We missed you. I made book markers for everyone I thought was going to be there. If you'll send me your address I'll mail yours to you. On second thought, we already have your address for book mailings so I'll get go ahead and mail them to you.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!