Sunday, May 24, 2009

Abundance


Like the poppy boutonnières associated with Memorial Day, their images on canvas appear indefinite.
Their abundance is intoxicating!



I admit to struggling at times with a (mis)perception of lack … becoming unnecessarily anxious when household staples wane or economic “what-if’s” grab hold of my conscious.

My G.M. is fond of reminding her team, "Perception is Everything." How much better, then, to realign my focus, to the Source of all things!

He did not teach us to pray, “Give us this day, a bakery.”
Rather, our daily bread.

In her book, “Work in Progress”, the amazing Kristin Armstrong reminds us, “…our God equips us mightily, but He does it in an ‘on-demand’ sort of way. We are supplied just enough for where we are right now … but not enough for us to rush on ahead without Him. We have to stay connected to the Source if we want to ensure our supply.”

I’ve seem stuck in rut of late, re. nourishment. Sooner or later, everyone returns to that place where their bodies are nourished. OK. That being the case, then why do some folks stray from those places where their Souls are nourished?

Being without a nearby “home” congregation, I want to (belatedly) thank Charlotte, Ginger and all of you for allowing me a venue in which to nourish my Soul!

Have a safe holiday weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Myra,
    Thank you for your nice comment about us. We are so happy that many are benefiting from the Spiritual Sundays blog. That was why we started it in the first place.
    Kristin is sure right about being supplied what we need. He gives us everything we need and many times much more. My Mom never had very much of this world's possessions, but she was always content and always happy. She knew God was supplying her needs.
    Thank you for a great post today.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. In a few minutes we will be off to Scottsdale Bible Church. Since this church is way too far for you to drive I am going to have to help you find a place out your way. Our former associate minister at Lincoln Heights Christian is now working out your way with a church he loves. I will have to find out where it is and let you know so you can check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your insights here.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Myra,
    A wonderful post! I hope you can find a home church soon. Sounds like Clif may be able to lend you a hand in that department. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading Work in Progress know, I just started but I love it already. Thank-you for a wonderful post.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. my daddy used to make poppy pins to sell for the VFW...we always had them on Memorial Day!!
    thank you for reminding me of that little memory...he never wanted to forget his friends that didn't come home from the Philippines during his Army tour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining us on Spiritual Sundays. Enjoyed your post and I always buy and display the handmade poppies made and sold by our veterans!

    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my post on baked oatmeal. I made this when my daughter and her family were visiting. My 13 YO grandson, said he didn't like oatmeal. All he has ever eaten was that instant slimy stuff. He asked me what it was like and I said it was like a big oatmeal cookie. Well, what kid wouldn't try that. He liked it. Hope your hubby likes it, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!