Sunday, March 15, 2009

Psalm for the Workplace

In response to the economy ~ and like so many other businesses, my workplace has had to implement certain cost-savings measures. No fun. Needless to say, stress levels have escalated proportionately; most days last week I arrived home mentally exhausted.

“Something’s gotta give.”

Then, what do you know! While searching for some tax papers last night, I discovered this Psalm and wanted to share. ‘Wish I knew who originally penned it, so I might give credit where credit's due.


The Lord is my real boss, I shall not want.
He gives me peace, when chaos is all around me.
He gently reminds me to pray and do all things
without murmuring and complaining.

He reminds me that He is my source and not my job.
He restores my sanity every day and guides my decisions that I might honor Him in all that I do.

Even though I face absurd amounts of e-mails, system crashes, unrealistic deadlines, budget cutbacks, and an aging body that doesn’t cooperate every morning, I still will not stop – for He is with me! His presence, His peace, and His Power will see me through.

His Faithfulness and love is better than any bonus check.
His retirement plan beats any 401k there is!
When it is all said and done, I’ll be working for
Him a whole lot longer and for that, I bless His name!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this poem. "To honour Him in all we do," that is the gist of it. Have a wonderful Spiritual Sunday and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. You found this while looking for tax papers. I wouldn't be surprised to know that you probably left it there last year when you were preparing taxes. We need this now and everyday but especially at tax time. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thsnks for sharing these words today. they are much needed. Blessings this SS

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful. Thank you for sharing this with us today.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen this one before. Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great, I loved it. I will remember this while I'm at work this coming week. No more tears for me while working.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to print this out...and share it at work tomorrow! Thanks for such a great post! Have a restful Sunday...Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. The drawing for Work In Progress--An Unfinished Woman's Guide To Grace has not closed yet but I want to encourage you to also sign up for A Walk With Christ To The Cross. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!