Thursday, February 12, 2009

Superstitions


(Edit: 2/14/09)
I wonder if the Universe is trying to tell me something?!
'Just returned from "fetching vittles" at Safeway ... and opted to part with 4 quarters. " One 'Quick Pick', please." Swear, I'd not taken 3 steps, before glancing down at the (presumed lucky) piece of paper in my hand .... 6, 13.
You bet your sweet bippy. I did an abrupt about face, fishing in my wallet for a dollar bill. Make that TWO bills .... one to cancel the "mojo", a second for luck.
Superstitious, who me??????

---------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a lucky number?
Personally, I’ve little interest in numerology, and don't put much faith in so-called “lucky” digits.

Still, I’m In Love with the number 5. While I’ve no obvious connection (a red-letter date) to “5,” I just like the way it looks on a page … the way it feels on my tongue when I speak it out-loud. Yes, I confess to once purchasing a condo, in part because of its identifying number!
(Wait a sec ... did I just hear you speak it out-loud?) LOL.

Conversely..... I wonder if I’m not developing O.C.D. regarding “sixes” and "thirteens."

Way back when, after reading The Omen, I began viewing the number “6” with suspicion. (Yes, I know it’s technically “666” … but still.) Shiver.

Shortly thereafter, I won a goodly sum of money at the horse races, betting that #6 would cross the finish line in LAST place.

Let’s see … dad passed away on the 6th; my mother on the 13th. Last year before being incarcerated (er, hospitalized), I was initially seen in E.R. cubicle #6, then transferred to Trauma #13. Had they assigned me upstairs to a hypothetical-Room #613, no doubt I’d have crawled out the front door!!!

So I try not to overly concern myself, and will attempt to not STARE at those drivers whose license plates bear a triple-6 ………...
If this keeps up, suppose I'll elect to stay in bed, under the covers on June 13?

Or better, heed Mary Engelbreit’s sage advice …………


12 comments:

  1. I've always been fond of the number 7... when I was young we did some numerology and it was supposed to be my lucky number..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, my head is spinning:) Guess that's why I never got on to numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My number for some reason unbeknown to me....I like #5. LOL


    Thanks for visiting me and viewing my Photo Hunt blog yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It’s going to be ending of mine day, but before ending I am reading this impressive paragraph to increase my experience. My Blog http://animedeck.blog4ever.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. CWCS seemed pretty good, they've pretty good evaluations. I am thinking of steering in direction of TSO as effectively. My Blog http://studystruggles.de/index.php/k2/the-fate-of-the-furious-speeds-into-theaters-on-april-14

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!