The amazing Hootin’ Anni has presented me with this special award … my first! Thank you sooo much ... I'm tickled! To excerpt Anni’s own post:
This fun award is meant to encourage and uplift others in the blogging world.
Here's how it works: Select 10 bloggers: 5 you consider your blogging Helping Hand, then "Pay it Forward" by extending your "Helping Hand" to 5 additional new bloggers, in support and encouragement for their efforts.
Being a relative newbie, I'm at a loss to identify more than these few names ....whose encouraging words keep me “keeping on” …. and who, I hope, will deliver a swift kick in the *** when I need it most.
Monica at Changes in the Wind
Jean at Welcome to our World
Charlotte at Charlotte's Weblog
Clif at Musings of a Minister
......n' of course, back-at-cha Anni!
Oh! … if this is looks like something anyone else would like … please feel free to grab it and pay it forward!
SLAM BOOK MEME….. (again, borrowed from Hootin’ Anni)
Remember those "Slam Books" from high school? I recall certain paranoia, having to “post” surreptitiously, all the while pretending to pay attention to the teacher. (Like she didn’t really know what was going on … ya, right!).
I hope you'll want to play this meme, too!
1. Sport: FOOTBALL
2. Color: BUTTERCREAM YELLOW (to look at); RED (to wear)
3. Movie: FORREST GUMP
4. Song: This one’s hard! RHAPSODY on a THEME of PAGANINI (Theme from Somewhere in Time).
…or, on a lighter note Willie Nelson’s, “MY HEROES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN COWBOYS.”
5. American City: DALLAS-FT. WORTH (OK, that’s technically 2 – don’t make me choose!)
6. Foreign City : SAN GIMIGNANO, ITALY
7. Book: I’m a addict! OK, just one I always keep nearby, SIMPLE ABUNDANCE
8. TV: JEOPARDY, GREY’s ANATOMY, Reality TV
9. Actor: TOM HANKS. I’d probably pay to watch him read the phone directory!
10. Actress: MERYL STREEP
11. Perfume: CHLOE’
12. Food: YES!!!! Oh, you mean just one? – Bone-in Ribeye, medium rare
13. Car: TOYOTA CAMRY (aka, POS)
14. Condiment: HELLMAN’s MAYONAISSE!!! I’m the one who regularly gets asked if I’d like a little hamburger (or turkey) to go with my mayo.
15. Kitchen appliance: REFRIGERATOR
16. Beauty product: “INDIAN EARTH”
17. Piece of clothing: RED PJs
18. Male songwriter: ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER
19. Female songwriter: SARAH McLAUGHLIN
20. Holiday: NEW YEAR’s DAY … I’m all about fresh starts!
21. Disney character: LADY n’ the TRAMP
22. Flower: CARNATION
23. Alcoholic drink: KAMORA* - on the rocks (poor gal’s Kahlua*)
24. Non-alcoholic drink: COFFEE
25. Magazine: GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
26. Male vocalist: ELTON JOHN
27. Female vocalist: CELINE DION
28. Day of the week: SUNDAY
29. Household chore: BATHROOM
30. Ice cream: PISTACHIO
31. Candy: REESE’s PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
32. Quote: From the Velveteen Rabbit ... “It doesn’t happen all at once,” said the Skin Horse. “You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.”